MSP 80mm Exhaust Group Buy...

Is this redesigned DP still 2.5" all the way.
I guess If your your going to redesign something and at the same time build a 80mm exhaust, it would make sense to redesign the new DP with that in mind. Since the issue with a full 3" dp is the first curve up top, and this DP already has a bunch of welds. It seems that working up to a full 3" after that curve would foot the bill for most of our 3" demands.....
At this point I would settle for a 3" Dp that had the first little portion 2.5 or 2.75 or what ever could be made to work...

Interesting point zuku. Our DP is still 2.5. We looked into doing it 3" up to the turbo and decided against that. As for an expanded 2.5-3.0" DP where the J Pipe portion of the dp would be 3", we may be able to go that route as an option. I'll look into it. The issue you run into is that a 3" downpipe isn't a good match to a factory exhaust unless the donut gasket is just right for both. I'll see what I can do.

Jason

There is no question that the CS 2.5 is a night and day improvement from the stock DP but if the opportunity to improve on an already great product exists....why not toss the ideas around.
I was thinking a pipe like this be intergraded somewhere into the system. I'm sure one of the lower curved pipes can have this type of stepped opening.

ECS%20Stainless%20Steel%20Exhaust%20Sleeve%20Adapter%20-%202.5%22%20I.D.%20Mm%20To%203%22%20I.D..jpg

Here's a rushed crap version of what I'm talking about

Attachments

• cs chopped dp.jpg
    cs chopped dp.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 244
I noticed something else. When comparing the new DP to the old one you guys eliminated a weld in the middle. Did you guys follow the same routing of did that change as well. If you went back to the original set-up but stayed with the one piece design, I think you should be able to add the 2.5"-3" step up in the blue area I circled

Attachments

• Corksport DP2.bmp
    493.8 KB · Views: 247
Does the corksport downpipe install on the stock racing beat exhaust without modification? And how much hp does that net around, average?

yeah the CS DP will mount to the stock turbo and stock exhaust. The original DP also was able to be used with any of the aftermarket exhausts. Now that they made it a one piece there are some after market exhausts that won't work without mod...like the ones that include the J pipe bend on the mid pipe.

There is no question that the CS 2.5 is a night and day improvement from the stock DP but if the opportunity to improve on an already great product exists....why not toss the ideas around.

Yeah I completely agree. I think there should be a way for us to offer a configurable product here. We're pretty set on the one piece design. It substantially improves the manufacturability. of the downpipe. If we did go with an 80mm outlet, we would have to find a way to make that compatible with the factory exhaust. This may mean that it is a configurable outlet similar to our MS3 Racepipes which have a 65mm outlet or an 80mm outlet. The 65 utilizing the factory donut gasket, the 80 using our proprietary larger diameter donut gasket. The issue you run into (potentially) is getting a good seal with a large outlet downpipe coupled with an exhaust that was intended for use with a smaller donut. If properly designed, the smaller exhaust won't fit as well with the 80mm outlet.

I'll throw this on our list of to do items and see what we can come up with.

Jason

Are you talking just changing the flange to except a 3" exhaust better or actually incresing the pipe size to 3" further up the DP??? Cause the way I read your post your just looking to change out the flange. I think the one piece design is superior for flow. That paint pic that a doctored up would most likely be the easist way of going about increasing the pipe diameter inline. It seems that the only reason a 3" won't fir it because of that first bend needing to clear the AC and still be able to access the lower stud. The other option I had brought up in other threads was to pre install a bolt in that lower hole it would save about an inch of clearance. So the lower stud would be replaced with a bolt preinstalled on the DP

Is this redesigned DP still 2.5" all the way.
I guess If your your going to redesign something and at the same time build a 80mm exhaust, it would make sense to redesign the new DP with that in mind. Since the issue with a full 3" dp is the first curve up top, and this DP already has a bunch of welds. It seems that working up to a full 3" after that curve would foot the bill for most of our 3" demands.....
At this point I would settle for a 3" Dp that had the first little portion 2.5 or 2.75 or what ever could be made to work...

Cough Cough..What he said(protest)

Two more days left on this group buy. Get in on it and help these guys pump the discount up!

Jason

wait this is not j pipe back? cause if its not then i think ill be ok, but if it is, ill have to have a bung for my o2 sensor as n/a proteges have one in the j pipe.

do we have to pay by the 24th? and shipping quote to 43229 please

Back