For the Consideration of the Community: Introducing...

FlyinHawaiian

:
Mazdaspeed Protege #1460
2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #1460

aka "Buzzy"

Just got her back from Texas on a 1,410 mile road trip. He currently has 53,003 miles and is in awesome condition. Previous owner put on Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable struts, and a Vibrant exhaust on it, but THAT's IT! His 6-year old daughter also named the car "Buzzy." I don't have the heart to change it...

On the trip back we averaged 70.1mph and 30.2mpg, so I was pretty happy!

I'll never forget my Sport20, but its nice to still be in the family!

-Jeff

Last edited:
Probably gonna get the Custom MSP SMIC and a MBC, but I want to leave it as stock as possible. The car is amazing the way it is, and I don't wanna ruin it. I plan on having this thing for a loooooong time.

Been thinking about different springs (I have a set of unused iONs which came with the car, but I hear they're stiff) and haven't decided what's gonna give me the best blend of performance and confort. I liked my old Espelir's, but I hear they're not so good for auto-x... I dunno yet.

You need to join a bunch of us on Wednesday night in Frederick for drinks!

balloonbear-welcome.gif

Congrats Jeff...the car looks mint. Is Buzzy excited about the trip to Carlisle?

another MSP in MD, YES! Are you gonna bring her for the philly cheeseteak run?

just get the custom MSP and some harpipes, screw the MBC lol

Yeah, the MBC kinda scares me, but it would be nice to boost 8-9psi as opposed to the stock level. The hardpipes are probably a good idea too, but how much of a difference do they really make?

I have a lot to learn about this car/forced induction... (dunno)

with the new FMIC, hardpipes and the exhaust you'll most likely be boosting at that level anyways.

the plastic pipes suck, they can expand under pressure plus hardpipes just look prettier lol
Yeah, the MBC kinda scares me, but it would be nice to boost 8-9psi as opposed to the stock level. The hardpipes are probably a good idea too, but how much of a difference do they really make?

I have a lot to learn about this car/forced induction... (dunno)

get turbohoses hardpipes dont go cheap and get the ones from weapon-r. If you want to get a bov tell the people at turbohoses which one so they can weld the flange on for you (send to them) and ceramic coat everything all at once.

Congrats to you and welcome 'Buzzy'...(lol2)...which is a cool sidekick name for the brah moniker of FlyinHawaiian! Ya could consider changing the name to 'paniolo' since the pic shows TX plates..

looks awesome. wish my car was that clean and welcome. oh look there was 30 MSPs betweenmine and yours on the assembly line lol

get turbohoses hardpipes dont go cheap and get the ones from weapon-r. If you want to get a bov tell the people at turbohoses which one so they can weld the flange on for you (send to them) and ceramic coat everything all at once.

I'd like to keep it as stealthy as possible, so I might have the hardpipes powdercoated black to look like the plastic ones, but if not, they'll definitely be jet-coated.

I'm gonna stay away from the bov.

Congrats Jeff...the car looks mint. Is Buzzy excited about the trip to Carlisle?

Yep, both of us are pumped as hell for the show. Its gonna be sad without the Sport20, but the MSP looks killer and will definitely turn some heads. The engine and interior are as clean as the body.

with the new FMIC, hardpipes and the exhaust you'll most likely be boosting at that level anyways.

the plastic pipes suck, they can expand under pressure plus hardpipes just look prettier lol

I'll definitely think about the hard-pipes... for now I'm 100% going with the CustomMSP SMIC, but will add the hard pipes later. One mod at a time, lol

Congrats to you and welcome 'Buzzy'...(lol2)...which is a cool sidekick name for the brah moniker of FlyinHawaiian! Ya could consider changing the name to 'paniolo' since the pic shows TX plates..

hahaha, good call. He'll have MD plates on him soon enough though.

looks awesome. wish my car was that clean and welcome. oh look there was 30 MSPs betweenmine and yours on the assembly line lol

Yeah I was real lucky to get a car owned by someone as anally retentive to vehicle cleanliness as I am. That's too cool about the production numbers too. I guess that makes them brothers/cousins/something? lol

I appreciate the warm welcome guys. Its good to be part of the "club"

if you wanna go the stealth route you can get the samco hot pipe in black. the stock cold pipe you dont really need to replace.

and dont be afraid of the weapon r hardpipes, i had them and they were really well made. just the couplers sucked

cars beautiful.. i need to get an MSP. and ditch this 1.6 B.S. lol. who knows.. today might be the last day i drive this car.. its goin into the shop, for suspension knocking and now brakes, it might not even be worth it to fix it.. idk.. =[

cars beautiful.. i need to get an MSP. and ditch this 1.6 B.S. lol. who knows.. today might be the last day i drive this car.. its goin into the shop, for suspension knocking and now brakes, it might not even be worth it to fix it.. idk.. =[

I just got rid of my white 2000 ES turned Sport20

With the right mods you can make that car amazing. The 1.6 responds to boost amazingly well.

Back