ALL 2010 Mazda3 Stuff Goes Here

I'm sensing a love/hate thing with the Speed 3. I feel like it's just a few quality control checks away from perfection. I think they might be able to nail it this time.

I wonder if the new one will hold boost all the way to the redline?

i-stop at every red light? I wonder if that accounts for the 30 second + cool down the manual suggests. Or maybe the turbo turds will just flow right out of the exhaust pipe(s).

The I-stop is only for the regular 3 with the automatic..

The I-stop is only for the regular 3 with the automatic..

"The world premiere of the Mazda3 with i-stop, Mazdas advanced fuel-saving start-stop system, will be shared with the all-new Mazda3 MPS, Mazda3s high performance flagship model."

Oh... I suppose it's the world premier being shared? Not the i-stop? It's just weird wording.

New pricing for the Mazda3 per edmunds:

IRVINE, California — Mazda said its redesigned 2010 Mazda 3 compact will start at $15,715, a hike of $355 from the outgoing 2009 model. Prices will range up to $22,970 for the Mazda 3 s Grand Touring with automatic transmission. Both hatchback and sedan variants should arrive this spring at U.S. dealers.

Mazda says its anticipated volume leader will be the Mazda 3 i Touring sedan with automatic, priced at $19,020. The Mazda 3 s Sport gets a larger, more powerful 2.5-liter engine rated at 167 horsepower and 168 pound-feet of torque. It will start at $20,210 for the sedan and $20,700 for the hatchback.

New for 2010 is a technology package that bundles keyless entry, push-button start, navigation system and Sirius Satellite Radio for $1,195, as well as a premium package with moonroof, six-CD changer and Bose audio system for $1,395.

I'm sensing a love/hate thing with the Speed 3. I feel like it's just a few quality control checks away from perfection. I think they might be able to nail it this time.

I wonder if the new one will hold boost all the way to the redline?

It's using the same power plant, so no it will not. Plus the K04 turbo isn't designed for high RPM's, it's basically maxed out on the MS3. Regarding quality control, I think some just got a bad apple unfortunately or they're not taking proper care of it (cool down, maintenance, etc) I haven't experienced any of these issues and I drive like mad daily (within the limits of course) But I'm also spot on with the maintenance and don't MOD. You MOD, you take the risk.

Last edited:
I haven't had any problems with my car aside from rattles and the passenger side mirror falling off randomly. My Dashhawk registers knock retard more frequently than I'd like, but apparently that's the case for everyone.

Mechanically she's super sound! I really don't have any complaints so far (4500 miles in).

It's using the same power plant, so no it will not. Plus the K04 turbo isn't designed for high RPM's, it's basically maxed out on the MS3. Regarding quality control, I think some just got a bad apple unfortunately or they're not taking proper care of it (cool down, maintenance, etc) I haven't experienced any of these issues and I drive like mad daily (within the limits of course) But I'm also spot on with the maintenance and don't MOD. You MOD, you take the risk.

That seems to make sense to me. What if the mods are sanctioned by Mazda though like the Mazdaspeed CAI? I'd be willing to spring the cash for it if I knew it was covered under warranty.

That seems to make sense to me. What if the mods are sanctioned by Mazda though like the Mazdaspeed CAI? I'd be willing to spring the cash for it if I knew it was covered under warranty.

Yeah, I'm mainly talking about power MODS but it Mazda gives the MS CAI the green light then go for it. I personally wouldn't because of where I live (Lots of rain, floods, etc) As far as coil overs, springs, wheels, and so on I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm amazed that Mazda will warranty the car with the MSCAI installed, thats got to be one of the more risky mods (hydrolocking)

Thats does not sound fear. If they warranty a Mazda backed item, they should warranty any damage caused by that item, or design the item to avoid hydrolocking.

Does anyone know if Mazda has strengthened the motor mounts for the 2010 MS3?

Thats does not sound fear. If they warranty a Mazda backed item, they should warranty any damage caused by that item, or design the item to avoid hydrolocking.

The intake didn't cause the damage; it was the ingested water. Mazda can't be held liable for owner negligence when one decides to drive through a pond. Just like if you leave the lights on overnight and your battery dies, Mazda isn't going buy you a new one.

But but what about a really big puddle or something, I heard through a friend of a friend that he knew a guy whose father's best friend's cousin's nephew hydrolocked his car once in a three inch puddle out somewhere on the west coast.

Mazda has to warranty it then, I'm pretty sure they are required by law to make their cars really big puddle proof.

Page 43, Section A, subsection II.F of the Mag-Moss Act clarifies the distinction between "really big puddle" and "huge-ass pond."

It doesn't take as much as you seem to think to hydolock a car with a CAI. Not worth the risk of having to shell out the money for a new Motor.

It doesn't take as much as you seem to think to hydolock a car with a CAI.

Yes it does. We're getting off topic here, but I can assure you the 2010 will have the same splash protection as its predecessor. You literally have to drive through 2+ feet of water or remove the splash guards to be truly "at risk."

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone else has posted this yet but my local dealer just emailed it through to me. Apparently they are going to be here in my country in May & they are trying to get me to upgrade my current MS3. I do like the look of the new bonnet but not sure about the grill & front guards. I wonder if the new bonnet would fit on the current MS3....

The only other information he gave me is that it will be 2.5L Turbo putting out 215kw which I had already else where.

In addition to the engine size, I think you may have gotten some mis-information. The 2010 MS3 is not scheduled to hit the lots until late June or early July. If I remember right, they don't even start building the NA version until late April/early May.

Back