BC coilover install pics review

we all get curious of what our car can do. I think its useful to know how much it takes to break ur car into a spin. and of course...not ona public street, actually not even in a street

so we buy parts, and never "use" em?

Last edited:
So dangerous, sure its good to know.... maybe but, I wouldnt be pushing it to the the limit on public roads. You do realize how easy it is to get into wreck even if you think you know what you're doing. All im trying to say is be ******* careful, it sucks to see a car get messed up for doing some dumb s***, find and Auto X and have fun.

So dangerous, sure its good to know.... maybe but, I wouldnt be pushing it to the the limit on public roads. You do realize how easy it is to get into wreck even if you think you know what you're doing. All im trying to say is be ******* careful, it sucks to see a car get messed up for doing some dumb s***, find and Auto X and have fun.

Thank you.

In for pics. And dampening at the hardest level is not the safest thing to do. Higher risk of blowing them and you have to set some preload on the springs before install if not done already. Other wise you will have the spring "sagging" and it will move around and not be as stable. You wanna set preload on the spring and lower it through the threaded spindle mount.

Subbing for lower then slideshow240. :runs and hides:

thanks for that info. i had mines like that, then i screwed them back down "sag", but u can move them to thwere they make noise, but they wont go off align with the perches. I always had them all the force all the way down even with the preload on them. its confusing sometimes. ur not saying preload is recommended for higher levels are you?

yes its common sense to not do that on public roads. im not so sure about twis since he said driving around but anywho.

Last edited:
you should keep them at the softest setting for a few hundred miles. they will need some time to break in. you think they are good now, just you wait...they will get even better after they break in!

hurry up with those pics! lol

there are at 15 everywhere for dampening now..

ok ok.. alex shut up.

pics as soon as i load them...

these coilover COME with pre-load not nessecary to load them anymore.. thats what screws them up.. as far as dampening is concerned im just messing arond and plan to go to softest settings next for a little.. i was re-assured that there is also NO break in period for these...

slide show.. no question i will be lower then you. the pics i up load soon will show you how they are for me out of the box...i still wana go a lil lower prob .5-1 in all around....or maybe....even more muahahaha

ok so it was raining today and photobucket is freaking out. now remeber this is how lowered it is out of the box...hahah more to go. and better pics soon...dman weather
STA60001-2.jpg

STA60009-2.jpg

STA60010-2.jpg

^^^ nah man a different alex. flamsp.. just messin with him cause he thinks i shouldnt push the car...

That's why u have them set right haha, and belive me, I hardly go to Philly, and I don't mind a bumpy road, and I plan to autox :D so I'm going to get them haha, my last car was a cm off the ground and road smooth :)
I don't think it would be best for us (northern) since streets are very poorly maintained and many pot holes that will make you change your mind in hart beet. I believe most of PA is same as NJ (almost ****** up roads bc of salt used every winter).

My body got a set of ground controls on his A4 w/ bilstein shocks and it was very sensitive to small road bumps and what not until he sold the ground control and put upgraded lower springs and shocks.
I didn't believe him until I sat on A4 and we drove around town , it was very very sensitive and would kill your hart every time you felt one of those pot holes.

Just my .02 , don't get me wrong I was going to get them as well but every time i go over pot holes I think twice about coil overs.

ah okay, i was confused!

you shut up too! lol (spank)

car looks good though dude!! Can't wait to see it at Palooza again in March!

Should have a nice turn out of modded Proteges this year!!!

Back