bad boost leak after CP-E nano install

ml2008ms3

:
2008 MS3
Virtually all the boost is escaping and there's no power. I know I must have loosened something during the install, but all of the hoses I check are tight. I had to pull quite hard to get the factory accordion hose off and I'm hoping I didn't crack the plastic housing. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks, Mark

There's no way your getting that much leak from an intake install.
Have you checked the turbo inlet? Might as well check right up to the engine. (Intercoolers in/out, Turbo's in/out, and into the engine)

yeah, intake things being loose wont make you lose boost, if anything the turbo could suck in air easier and produce more. check all your clamps and stuff as said above

You cant leak boost from the unpressurized side of the boost system bud. Are you sure you plugged the MAF back in? If yiu leave it unhookedthe car will run like s***.

Well, I ended up taking it to the dealer and they showed me that I had forgotten the small blue clip which holds the small hose going into the intake and that was resulting in unmetered air going into the intake. Also, the shhhh sound I hear at the lower rpm's is normal. I just wasn't expecting the sound at low rpm's. It sounds awesome at the rpm's and the tires break loose more going into second. I don't much care for the shhhhh sounding under partial acceleration at low rpm's but it's a tradeoff that I will live with. The upper rpm sound and blowoff sound between shifts is awesome!

Mark

No, actually they were quite helpfull and didn't charge me for looking at it. One of the mechanics had a lot of experience with turbos and drove the car. I needed an oil change and tire rotation anyway. It was Town North Mazda in Dallas.

i am havin boost leak problems and I don't think I put the blue clip back on eather would that cause me to only hold 10 psi like I am ?

you need that blue clip to lock that hose in...
fix it and re-try...i am betting you won't be at 11-12 psi more like 15...
gl!

well i just installed my CPE nano yesterday and after i finished i drove it around my block a few times and i noticed that its loud when you get on it, like there is a loud vaccuum suction noise and a lot of whooshing, if that makes any sense.. i didnt know that it would make the turbo and BPV come that alive but im just wondering if thats normal? im just scared that i didnt put the MAF housing far enough into the hose and its leaking or something, it also feels like the boost is low or something as well.

i hear ya kidd , i forgot to put the blue clip back onthe pcv , so i did that last nite , no suprize i still can only hold 12 psi it spikes to 16 but idk .....

ya i just put that blue clip back on after reading this thread and i dont really notice much.. i need a DH though to make sure.

Does CP-E not provide instructions or people don't like to read them? A quick read should have told you everything that needed to be in place, blue clips included. I believe the Mazdaspeed intake I had, and sold, had great instrux.

the instructions seemed to be ok, maybe a little in confusing in some places.. but it never said to re use the blue clip for the PCV line.

the instructions seemed to be ok, maybe a little in confusing in some places.. but it never said to re use the blue clip for the PCV line.

+1; just went and installed the blue clip after reading this thread...intake has been on for about a month.

Latest posts

Back