NA Dyno Ladder

Dyno 9/08/07
99whp/106wtq

Sportshift auto Protege ES
ebay short ram intake wrapped in reflective insulation, K&N cone filter, AWR front mount and side inserts, Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulley, OBX 4-1 header, Racing Beat cat-back, 17lb 17x7" Enkei RSV wheels with 18lb 215-45-17 General Exclaim UHP tires, syn fluids (motor, transmission), 85 octane Shell gas.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116008

01/02/2008: Hey Worm, don't forget about mine coming up with the single runner intake and JDM intake cam W/I the next couple weeks.

where did P5 jeff go?? If his claim is correct I should be able to top that. Cant wait to dyno my car..... when the engine is back in it..... sigh

Here is an old and suspiciously high dyno for an FP. 94.9wkw = 127whp.

Plenty more done since then, but I wouldn't be surprised if I went to a different dyno and the power went down.

scan.jpg
[/IMG]

final447gxk.jpg
[/IMG]

93.1kW = 124.8hp. This is 2kW LESS than the Dynamic Test Systems dyno with just an exhaust and unichip. Just goes to show you need to compare apples with apples.

FP 1.8 with Twiggy Sticks, Injen CAI, Pacemaker Header, Racing Beat cat-back, emanage Ultimate.

Flywheel estimate was 113.2kW(151.7hp).

Might as well stick it on the ladder. Do I get an extra 9% on handicap for only having 1840cc? :)

hows that EManage Ultimate treating you... i hear its hard to tune for FS-DE's... i'm looking into it so im just getting your thoughts

Pretty good now, after a looong time working out problems, some my own fault, some software, some Mazda and no help from the vendor or Greddy Japan. But this is a 1.8L OBDI Australian car, so wouldn't have a clue about the U.S. compatability.

Dyno sheets!

147.4 WHP @ 6135rpm

136.3 TQ @ 5237rpm

Attachments

• IMGA0105.JPG
    IMGA0105.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMGA0106.JPG
    IMGA0106.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 226
Twigs
SRI
MT EMS
PnP head
Coated 10:1 pistons
Over sized valves
Titanium retainers
stiffer valve springs
626 manifold
Thunder headers
MAM midpipewith highflow cat
Racing beat Catback
9lb flywheel
welded MSP differential
spec stage two clutch
innovate LC-1

I think thats all he has

Best part about it, that all below stock Red line. And from was he what saying there is no loss in the bottom end.

Interesting with the 626 Mani. This what my current project is looking like.

SRI
MS EMS
PnP head/manifold
Adj. Cam Gears
4-2-1 header
highflow cat
9lb flywheel
MSP differential
ACT stage 1
Emmisions removed

It will be interesting to see how far off I am considering I'm stuck with stock cams and very little PnP.

Last edited:
I think that was without dyno tuning also. those were just baselines. I'm sure once he gets tuned and some cam gears he should net some better gains.

I miss my all motor protege, i never posted on this but heres what mine did...

2001 MP3
AEM Short Ram Intake (Modified Install)
Sparkco Plug Wires (bad)
4 Gauge Grounding Kit (Same as 1sty's but i made it myself)
Custom 2.5" Catback exhaust with auger style race muffler
MSP Flywheel
MSP Clutch

114.6whp/122.8trq on a dynojet

Here's my lowly numbers: 106 HP 112 TQ

I guess I'll put my name in the NA stuff for now. At the time this was done, I had the shorty header, intake and exhaust. I plan to dyno soon to get a reading from post medieval pulley install. Then this winter I will install my twiggy sticks and adj cam gears along with hopefully an AFC. Also need to get my 626 intake mani installed and see if that actually does anything for us NA guys. Then the debate can be settled.

Attachments

• dyno 1.JPG
    dyno 1.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Honestly after full exhaust and intake the next best thing is the AFC.

the ecu doesnt respond well to the mods w/o some sort of tune.

I'm really trying to decide if should spend the money now and get a full standalone. There are several LT-10's for sale right now. Or go with just and AFC and buy something bigger later, IF I need it. I have the money now to get a microtech, that's what's so tempting. But how user friendly is it?

Back