Pg Manifold Reference Point

take a crow bar and lift the manifold off the turbo, while doing this. YOU should have somebody go all the way to the right(drivers side) and push of the stocker from there. Once this happend just start slowly prying it off the block. Make sure not to score anything.

I would most def like a taller one that would be great. Its a cp-e downpipe. Actually thanks to PG I am quite happy with my car now.

I am waiting for my CP-E downpipe to arrive prior to doing my install. How did the DP install go? Any issues? Any comments? Did you take some pics of it as well?

Tks

I didn't buy the mani because I also have the turbo xs fmic. It looks like a damn tight fit. I suppose a taller silicone coupler could fit then just space up the tab for the pipe? What are you going to do?

I didn't buy the mani because I also have the turbo xs fmic. It looks like a damn tight fit. I suppose a taller silicone coupler could fit then just space up the tab for the pipe? What are you going to do?

LOL, just because you have the TXS FMIC you shouldn't worry about after market manifold. I already contacted Mark from TXS, actually this was before I bought my FMIC kit, and he said not to worry about melting or warping the si coupler. In fact he said if one to ever fail he'd replace mine for free. If you want a manifold maybe you should ask him if he would be willing to replace yours if ever a failure of the house.

There is no way the silicone can stand up to that even with a bit of header wrap. I would have a spare on hand at all times because I think that it would be ready to pop at any time after 10 minutes. I did see the header wrap pic also I just don't think that it is a fitting repair for the contact issue.

ouch i have that intercooler and i was almost about to buy that manifold until i saw them pics is there a way to corret this even with a little bit taller silicone pipeing that is going to get way to hot at least i think so if a solution is found i will buy that manifold but until then ...

i'm telling you guys the header wrap thing is amazing. i drive 17 mile one way to school and work. I will post pics tonight with what the coupler looks like and the wrap.

Header wraps are good for 1700 deg and it is certainly not going to get that hot unless you are driving on a race circuit in the the Nevada desert in early August mid day:)

^ ROFL....ok so I'll avoid Nevada then. Ya I plan to track my car and have the same IC as him, so I hope I don't have this issue. But I'm sure I will.

Back