Turboed MP5's rule

allrighty guys. I have been waiting to dive into this one. I have a stock P5 motor hanging from a hoist in my garage. It has 80xxx miles on it. Needs a head gasket. Should i tear it open, bore it .20 over, decrease the comp. ratio, intall forged internals? Or, should i replace the gasket and seals, and just boost the stock setup?. Install on either will be a breeze since it is on the hoist......

build it!!

Does anyone know how much psi the complete hi-boost kit from protegegarage.com is putting out? And does the block need to be re-built to handle the extra power?

8psi and you will need an upgraded clutch to handle the power or you will slip. I ran 8 for about 2 years and then added a J&S knock monitor to keep things in check at higher boost.

Install went smooth with the right tools.
-Hole saw for intercooler piping to run thru into engine bay
-Drilling hole in oil pan for return line
-Soldering iron for tapping into computer
-Drill press for coolant sensor housing hole
-Permatex UltraGrey and TFE Paste

(cool)Damn good thread ..I was looking for a MSP stock turbo set up keeping everything stock Mazda Speed with some minor upgrades.(of course MSP ECU) and running about 5psi for my daily driver..I already did the engine build thing in my last honda (on boost) 12 psi daily and don't really want to get into it again. Now my question is, I want more uuumph in my Mazda (even 170to the wheels would make me happier than stock)Should i just piece together a MSP stock turbo kit and all Mazda Speed parts (Injectors etc.) or just go Hi-Boost? im not trying to build a beast just something quicker so is it really worth me buying a hi-boost kit? If anyone knows any websites or anyone selling stock MSP manifolds or turbos please let me know i would greatly appreciate it....(Sorry for the Autobiography)

(cool)Damn good thread ..I was looking for a MSP stock turbo set up keeping everything stock Mazda Speed with some minor upgrades.(of course MSP ECU) and running about 5psi for my daily driver..I already did the engine build thing in my last honda (on boost) 12 psi daily and don't really want to get into it again. Now my question is, I want more uuumph in my Mazda (even 170to the wheels would make me happier than stock)Should i just piece together a MSP stock turbo kit and all Mazda Speed parts (Injectors etc.) or just go Hi-Boost? im not trying to build a beast just something quicker so is it really worth me buying a hi-boost kit? If anyone knows any websites or anyone selling stock MSP manifolds or turbos please let me know i would greatly appreciate it....(Sorry for the Autobiography)
IMO the MSP setup will be the cheapest, easiest and safest route to go. You'll end up around 6 psi depending on other modifications. BTW, the injectors on the MSP are the same on the P5 and personally I would not go with the MSP side mount because that'll just cause more headache than it's worth and you'll probably end up wanting to upgrade in the future. All you really need for the MSP setup is:

MSP exhaust manifold
MSP GT2554R turbo (must be for the MSP, not for a 240!)
MSP ECU
Downpipe (S/J pipe combo) Corksport or stock
Coolant/Oil Feed and Return lines
Intercooler and Intake setup
Clutch (optional, but worth it)

I myself went with the full MSP setup minus the intercooler and the downpipe (have an old MAM FMIC setup and the Corksport downpipe) and the install was really easy. I ended up needing a new clutch in about a month though.

Add one more to the turbo mp5 list, finished installing msp turbo this last weekend. The new found power is the best.

+1 for turbo'd P5

I've been running the MAM Thumper kit now for about 8 mths @ 7-8psi w/ microtech lt10s ems. Still on my stock block, but have a spare motor being built for 15+psi.

Attachments

• HPIM2477.JPG
    HPIM2477.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 150
+1 for turbo'd P5

I've been running the MAM Thumper kit now for about 8 mths @ 7-8psi w/ microtech lt10s ems. Still on my stock block, but have a spare motor being built for 15+psi.

Hot :D

I too love my turbo P5, despite it being broken at the moment.

reading all of this makes me so anxiouse.. i plan on turbo-ing my P5 but prolly wont have the funds to do so for months.. ughguhg. anyone have any suggestions for cheap power for my P5 in the meantime?

Back