What's your mileage?

What's the milage on your 3rd Gen Protege5 or Protege?

• Total voters
bazooka joe said:
hit 93k this past week...get around 320 per tank? doing about 28 mpg combined

Is your car a auto, shifttronic auto, or mtx? I think that plays a huge difference in gas mileage.

Last edited:
StealthWyvern said:
Is your car a auto, shifttronic auto, or mtx? I think that plays a huge difference in gas mileage.

auto, ya it does...only got 31 before i turboed it and that was when the car was new too!

Just got a used (new) engine with 16k miles on it. I went from 108k to 16k all in a matter of hydro locking my engine :)

Drake13 said:
Just got a used (new) engine with 16k miles on it. I went from 108k to 16k all in a matter of hydro locking my engine :)

You sound like me now.

I had 85K when I replaced it with a 28K motor. So now when somebody asks you how many miles, you get to respond the car or motor?

well.. seeing if i ever sell it (which i don't plan on it) i'd say the motor because after all .. it is the power plant that makes you zoom.. and zooming with a 16k motor is what matters. I don't have to pull ANY maintenence for sometime now. That just means more mods!

bigdp5 said:
The race to 200,000 is on. I should hit 161,000 by weeks end, although I am not driving as much with my job as I have in the past so I will have to get creative if I'm to pass Mr. TurboTodd. Maybe I can find a dyno to park on during lunch, set the cruise on say 100mph, that should help don't you think? Seriously though, these cars are well built, and with regular maintenance should hit 250K without serious problems. Congrats TurboTodd for leading the pack, so far! Later all!

Drove the P5 for the first time in months (wife usually drives it since I bought the LS430).. Noticed it now has 172K miles on it.. Still haven't gone in for the belt service.. Wife still has the approx 60 mile a day commute, so it'll keep racking 'em up. We drive the LS430 for weekend jaunts, and evening activity, so it may not pile them on like before.

She's due a nice wash and wax, I'll post up some pictures..

Todd

StealthWyvern said:
Just curious are you still on your orig motor, or is the one your currently on rebuilt?

My original motor developed a rod knock at 85K. I'm on Duane's (ddogg777) original 2002 motor that had 30K on it and my car had 85K. You do the math. ;)

165,500 mi as of this morning, and in need of its weekly bath. Followed my wife to a group bicycle ride early yesterday morning (she drove the P5 with the kids, while I followed in the MPV loaded with 5 bikes, a trailer, and all the gear that comes along for a day on the trail) and I am as excited about the P5 now as I was the day I first saw one. The design still looks great, especially lowered w/the big wheels in place, it sounds cool (over 100K on the Mazdaspeed axleback), and is very reliable to date. Love it! Maybe I can figure out how to snap some decent pics with our inexpensive digital camera this afternoon. Everyone, have a great day!(lol2)

Last edited:
72, 700 miles on the odometer here runs great except the damn clunk for the racing beat rear bar, just waitin on my axr clunk fix to get here

Back