What's your mileage?

What's the milage on your 3rd Gen Protege5 or Protege?

• Total voters
Just as an update, I rolled over 70k last night. It was kinda kool to see the odometer say 69999. I think that is 4k since I started this thread. I thought it was more. hmmm. I wonder how many miles I have actually driven this thing. I need to find the title and figure it out. I have had it since May 06.

Rolled past 169,000 miles on my way home from work tonight.. February and the belt service can't come soon enough.

3 years and 6 mos. old p5 37,2XX miles on the clock and still going strong!
7 days old and 300 miles on the ms3.

TurboTodd said:
170,000 miles today on the way back to Fort Worth from Waco.
yay.. I have a midnight blue 02.5... If yours can last until 170k then so can mine. :D

The race to 200,000 is on. I should hit 161,000 by weeks end, although I am not driving as much with my job as I have in the past so I will have to get creative if I'm to pass Mr. TurboTodd. Maybe I can find a dyno to park on during lunch, set the cruise on say 100mph, that should help don't you think? Seriously though, these cars are well built, and with regular maintenance should hit 250K without serious problems. Congrats TurboTodd for leading the pack, so far! Later all!

Holy crap, some high mileage here. I'm at around 75K and I drive around 80 miles a day, 7 days a week.

But I also didn't buy the car new ;)

Well... I just rolled over 48k about a week or so ago on my P5. She was turbo'd at around 47500 so lets see how long this will last...

i'm just about to hit 50k.heh my warranty ends in mid Feb so i'm gonna try stay below 50k so i can get some stuffs fixed hehe. xD my parents are gonna put an extended warranty to 100k(my p5 gotta last at least 5 more years lol). its pretty cheap considering that a mazda dealership was gonna charge 2.5kish for the extended warranty.my friend's dad happens to be a parts manager who happens to be real good friends wit the financial department manager lol.

I'm only getting about 10l/100k(roughly 25 mpg) on my P5. I know it may be partially due to the fact that I idle the engine to warm it up but even that shouldn't affect it too much. I drive pretty much 50/50 city/hwy, have about 38k k's(23k miles), I've got the "Sport mode AT" (shiftronic / manumatic / tiptronic, whatever the hell Mazda calls their version) - again, I know that doesn't help but shouldn't put it way out of the range of a 5sp, either, right? I've only had the car for just over a month now so I'll see if it improves as the seasons change, but is there any simple mods I can do to help improve this performance? Maybe high flow air filter/ exhaust, spark plugs, synthetic oils, ???
Thanks anyone for your input, signed, newbie.(huh)

wrkngmanByTor said:
I'm only getting about 10l/100k(roughly 25 mpg) on my P5. I know it may be partially due to the fact that I idle the engine to warm it up but even that shouldn't affect it too much. I drive pretty much 50/50 city/hwy, have about 38k k's(23k miles), I've got the "Sport mode AT" (shiftronic / manumatic / tiptronic, whatever the hell Mazda calls their version) - again, I know that doesn't help but shouldn't put it way out of the range of a 5sp, either, right? I've only had the car for just over a month now so I'll see if it improves as the seasons change, but is there any simple mods I can do to help improve this performance? Maybe high flow air filter/ exhaust, spark plugs, synthetic oils, ???
Thanks anyone for your input, signed, newbie.(huh)

I average between 23-27mpg on my car and thats most city 60/40. I have averaged this from when I got the car with the exception of one time I got 20mpg! I have no idea what happened thier, becuase I tried dogging it with my normal route and i still get 24-26 per every tank. Except every once in awhile it will get down to 23.

StealthWyvern said:
I average between 23-27mpg on my car and thats most city 60/40. I have averaged this from when I got the car with the exception of one time I got 20mpg! I have no idea what happened thier, becuase I tried dogging it with my normal route and i still get 24-26 per every tank. Except every once in awhile it will get down to 23.

hit 93k this past week...get around 320 per tank? doing about 28 mpg combined

Attachments

• stuff 188.jpg
    stuff 188.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 96
I need to stop getting on the turbo... seems like I'm only going to get like 20mpg this tank (dunno)

Latest posts

Back