rear speaker interface for active sub...(aka long rant)

Silver Bull3t

:
3s 5d MT Sunlight Silver Opt:CGN,WLK,LS1,1AB,1MC
Ok so I'm kicking around the Idea of a SMALL powered sub. I have the 5dr so I was going to use the infrequently used "cooby-hole" created when the hatch is sectioned off (I always use the built in plastic bins with the false floor flipped and locked up..each can hold a case PERFECTLY and they saved my ass when we got a punctured gallon of milk at the store...). (mswerd)

I want to interface with either right or left rear speaker (the active sub I choose will accept speaker level inputs). So does anybody know if I can get to these wires relatively easy? They should just run up the door sill channel..

As far as power goes I'll use either the hatch light circuit or the line I ran up thru the center console. I know what some of you guys are thinking....."you'll blow a fuse using those sources and not a direct lead of 8ga ofc cable fished back from the battery".... bulls***. Please keep in mind I'm not bridging a 1000 watt amp down to a 2ohm x 1channel load or any s*** like that... so current really isn't a major issue...I just want some low end fill...

I never thought I'd have a factory system I liked, I was wrong...the 3 rocks, just a tad more of the 20-80Hz.

So I guess I'm off to the crutchfield website and see what's new and improved in active sub-itry... (rei)

(thought) (thumb)

Last edited:
Silver Bull3t said:
Ok so I'm kicking around the Idea of a SMALL powered sub. I have the 5dr so I was going to use the infrequently used "cooby-hole" created when the hatch is sectioned off (I always use the built in plastic bins with the false floor flipped and locked up..each can hold a case PERFECTLY and they saved my ass when we got a punctured gallon of milk at the store...). (mswerd)

I want to interface with either right or left rear speaker (the active sub I choose will accept speaker level inputs). So does anybody know if I can get to these wires relatively easy? They should just run up the door sill channel..

As far as power goes I'll use either the hatch light circuit or the line I ran up thru the center console. I know what some of you guys are thinking....."you'll blow a fuse using those sources and not a direct lead of 8ga ofc cable fished back from the battery".... bulls***. Please keep in mind I'm not bridging a 1000 watt amp down to a 2ohm x 1channel load or any s*** like that... so current really isn't a major issue...I just want some low end fill...

I never thought I'd have a factory system I liked, I was wrong...the 3 rocks, just a tad more of the 20-80Hz.

So I guess I'm off to the crutchfield website and see what's new and improved in active sub-itry... (rei)

(thought) (thumb)
The specs on some decent door speakers (6.5' components are 30Hz - 20 kHz +- 3db). I was very impressed with simply changing the door speakers..

just an alternative..

Back