Care to speculate???

I talked to a mazda rep at the anaheim car show and he told me that if the MSP does well then they will be releasing MS models of all of their current vehiecle models. i.e. Miata, 6, and Protege 5!!! So if this is true i asked would he expect a MS Pro 5 in the next year range or so(knowing that is way too early). So if this all is true, i don't know, but do you think that the Pro 5 will have the same stereo and engine mods as the MSP or do you think they may upgrade it even more???
All just purely speculation but it would be nice to see what you guys think(or know)!:D

They have already started to talk about this. The Protege is the starting point. From there the rumor is the 6 is next. The Protege will longer be under that name, but rather, 3. So a P5 is out of the question. I am sure, mazda will continue the MS line and go with the Miata, RX8, the 3 and the 6. There is enough positive motion going right now on the Protege, that I am sure they are working on the 6 as we speak....

-Jeremy-

The local dealer told me over two months ago that the Miata was second on the list for a MazdaSpeed model following the MSP. Who knows? Jim

yah... i have no insider information or anything.. but just from how i see how mazda thinks... imma say they are going to go w/ the miata first (well...... second.. u know what i mean)... just because i think they are gonna go ahead w/ another car that they already have..... and is a sports car... i.e. miata... they wouldnt go w/ the rx8... too new.. spent too much time developing it the way it is now... they'll release that in the regular mazda trim first.. then maybe down the line go mazdaspeed..

miata is like their number one selling sports car that is still in production.... the rx7 is bumped out now.. the protege is here.. but sporty popular miatas have been around longer and have been more popular than previous versions of the protege....

a miata just makes sense as the next car to get mazdaspeed badges in the lineup...

i dont know.. its just my ideas...

i would also guarantee the miata comes next.....

im suprised there is so much formal talk of the mazdaspeed 6 coming out within a year or two, i would have expected a year or 2 of production on the 6 before htey rumored a mazdaspeed version.....

I wouldn't hold your breath on the Mazdaspeed Miata. The redesign will come first (2004)...The Mazda 6 is supposed to be after that in the line.

And the Mazda 6 and the Mazdaspeed Protege should both be in dealerships in November...

Back