Cruise Control

trobbins

Has Anyone looked into getting Cruise Control put on their MP3. I wish Mazda would have encluded it in the package. First I thought it was because of the nardi wheel has no where to put it, but my wheel has a rubber gromet where the controls go. I asked the dealer and they said they would find out. And of course they are taking their sweet time getting back to me.

Hey MP3_TIM. I'm in Madison, WI as well. Are you the other blue MP3 in Madtown? I take it you got yours at Don Miller. Did they charge you a markup or anything?

Looks like I'm not the only MP3 in town :(. Oh well! :). As for cruise control, I was a little bummed myself, but its really not that big of a deal. If its easy AND cheap to fit, I'd be interested as well.

DooMer_MP3

Hey, yes I am the other MP3 in town,
I've seen you around a few times when I was waiting for mine. Don't worry, they didn't let me drive it.

See ya around....

Hey guys, I made the dealer install cruise before I drove it off the lot. at first they told me they could mount it to the steering wheel, but wound up having to send it to an after-market shop and they mounted a lever below the turn signal for like $200. then the manager told me that mazda didn't make a factory cruise kit for that car. I don't know if it's true or not, but it didn't cost me any extra. that was one of the conditions of me buying the car. it had to have cruise (i'm on the highway A LOT)

I talked to the dealer last night and they told me to take it to a aftermarket place. AMS (in Madison, WI). BTW Don Miller had another MP3 on the lot. They said they got a yellow one and it sold and they traded a dealer for another blue one. They also are asking a $3000 USD markup making the price to be $21750. I'm glad I got mine for sticker now. I will let you know how cruise control goes.

Wow, now theres going to be four of these things riding around? Call me a b****, but that is kinda sad. Don Miller said there'd be two of them in Madison at most... I guess they'll tell you anything to sell a car. Makes me happy I got mine for sticker as well...

Tim, did they try to charge you more than sticker? I was intent on not paying any more than sticker, and they really didn't know much about the car at the time, so I put money down to hold it at MSRP only. Christ, for $22k, I'd rather get a WRX :D.

DooMer_MP3

No, I had actually put money down 2 days after yours came in. I had asked them about the car before yours got there and then when your came they called me so I could look at it (Not drive it). Then I put money down when yours was still there so I think we both got them before they knew what they had.
I haven't seen the yellow one yet.

The good thing is that there is a lot of small towns around that would have to come to Madison to get the car. You aren't going to find a mazda delaer in a really small town. Also someone could have come from milwaukee because I had called the dealers in milwaukee and all of the mp3s were spoken for.
I'll let you know if I see it. It should be easy to spot.

Back