Unused Tape/MD input

JiggaWatt

:
Black Mica Mazda 3s
Hi, I've only had my 3 for a little over a week. I've read a lot of the posts here and seen some people trying to connect their MP3 players to their HU. I like the idea, but I don't like the idea of just injecting an audio signal into a signal wire already being used. I am an electrical engineer and there are a lot of problems with that scenario.

What I am wondering though, is I didn't get the Tape or MD option, but I still have the button on my dash control. There must be a way to use that unused audio input on the back of the headunit to accept line input from some other source. I hope to do some more research on this and maybe we can come up with some solutions. I just need to get ahold of some wiring diagrams and electrical information on this car.

Awesome. Thanks for the link. But I was actually wondering if there was a way to interface with the black connector shown on the underside the 6 disc changer as shown in one of the pics on that link. That would allow you to use the Tape/MD button, I'm guessing. I'll keep looking. Thanks a bunch for that link!

Back