rotating the asym RS/As?

ham

Am I correct in assuming the best way to rotate asymmetrical tires (like the stock 205-50-17 crapyear eagle RS/As) is fronts to same side rears and cross the rears to opposite side fronts (I think tire shops call it a modified cross pattern)? Also - if anyone knows the proper lug torque and pattern off the top for the 3 Sport GT, it would save me from looking it up.

cheers,
ham

ham said:
Am I correct in assuming the best way to rotate asymmetrical tires (like the stock 205-50-17 crapyear eagle RS/As) is fronts to same side rears and cross the rears to opposite side fronts (I think tire shops call it a modified cross pattern)? Also - if anyone knows the proper lug torque and pattern off the top for the 3 Sport GT, it would save me from looking it up.

cheers,
ham

At Discount Tire, we drop the fronts straight back and cross the rears forward. Torque on your lugs should be at 85 ft/lbs.

Hope that helps.

You do that AG bullet?
We do ours according to how they are worn.... usually the other way around though for assymetrical tires. Cross the fronts to the rears and rears straight up. Usually the fronts are choppy on the inside edge and needs to be cross rotated so they even out more on the next roto. I should look in my "booklet" , but I'm too tired right now
Wanted to add, Mazda 3 is @ 90ft.lbs of torque. Checked in the discount tire directory.... Of course it could've been a typo as 90% of mazda's are at 85 or 100ft.lbs.

all mazda cars should be torqued to 85 ft/lbs, this has been going on since like the 80's i believe (but don't quote me on it), and in the owners manual it says to just swap the front with the rear, no crossing. i know typically you do cross tires on a two wheel drive vehicle with non-dir tires, but thats what our owners manual says.

Back