Anyone had an alarm installed in their 3 yet?

mazda3rob

:
Mazda 3 5-door
Circuit City tried to install one in my car, but for some reason the car think the right rear door is open. The door open light stays on and that door will not tirgger the alarm. I had to take it back to the dealer and they want to pull the alarm out all together ...

Just curious if anyone else has had an alarm installed yet.

Thanks

depending on what a bunch a dickheads your dealership has, installing an aftermarket Alarm could possibly void your warranty if you try to get any warranty work done on anything electrical. So be careful about reporting things to them, if you're attached to your warranty, especially about malfunctioning aftermarket parts.

mazda3rob said:
Yeah - I know, but it was them or Best Buy ... lesser of 2 evils

You don't have any honest-to-goodness alarm shops around you?

go to a reputable sound shop in your area and get the work done. They will usually give you your warranty plus they will install onto another for free if you ever decide to sell your car. That's what my people out in Pittsburgh do for their customers.

dont go to any of those places, go back to circuit city and demand they fix the problem. they made the problem they will fix the problem. they should have warantee'd any work they have done. make them sit there until its fixed and if you have problems with them call the company who's alarm you bought and tell them how one of their authorised dealers and installers, screwed yoru car up and are refusing to fix it. oh let c.c. know u will be making that call. and then when it's all fixed, walk out of there and for gods sake go to an actual audio store to get audio work done, not a two bit department store.

sndsgood said:
dont go to any of those places, go back to circuit city and demand they fix the problem. they made the problem they will fix the problem. they should have warantee'd any work they have done. make them sit there until its fixed and if you have problems with them call the company who's alarm you bought and tell them how one of their authorised dealers and installers, screwed yoru car up and are refusing to fix it. oh let c.c. know u will be making that call. and then when it's all fixed, walk out of there and for gods sake go to an actual audio store to get audio work done, not a two bit department store.
couldnt have said it better myself

From circiut bad's website:

Please tell me who I can call about a poor experience I've just had in my local Circuit City store?

First, we're sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. That's not what we wish for any customer and we'd like to know about the details so that we can ensure it doesn't happen again. If you haven't spoken to your local store manager about this, please give him/her a call. If you have spoken to the manager and remain unsatisfied, please call our Cool-Line at 1-800-251-2665.

I'm getting the dealership to install an alarm system for me before I bring the car home.

so if you dont trust the dealership, then who do you trust?

sounds like a lose lose situation.

LilMissGS3 said:
I'm getting the dealership to install an alarm system for me before I bring the car home.

you do realize that dealership only do so many alarm installs a year....probably 100% less than a really small audio place...

Well, all is well that ends well.

A little over a week and everything is back to the way it was and the guys at Circuit City finally got the alarm right. The tech at the dealership said the switch in the door was defective and he couldn't say for sure that CC did it, so they covered it under warranty.

I am pretty happy with what the guys at Circuit city did in my Mazda 3!

Siruis Satelite radio (audiovox) with a wired FM modulator option
2 LOCs w/ monster RCAs to an Alpine MRP-F240
Polk Audio 5x7s in the doors db570 (2 pair), left stock tweeters hooked up.
Infinity Bass link subwoofer
and of course the alarm.

I am a happy camper. Now that there is a dash kit available I am not sure if I want to change out the head unit or not. It sounds really good like it is. The only advantage I can see to a head unit would be integrated Sirius and a possible aux input for an iPod. I kind like the way the stock look looks.

glad to see u got the problem fixed,

and miss, for an alarm i'd go to a car audio shop or alarm shop that has quality employee's. any reputable shop will have pics of their work and have refrences from actual customers.

sndsgood said:
and miss, for an alarm i'd go to a car audio shop or alarm shop that has quality employee's. any reputable shop will have pics of their work and have refrences from actual customers.

thanks for the tip! I'll have to do that. THank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back