Run down of the Mazdaspeed Dealer introduction

damn, those clips are gay as hell....you think mazda will sell u a boost controller or something that wont void the warranty? did they say anything about mazdaspeed performance accessories being sold at the dealerships that wont void warranty?

bong.

For those who dont like to travel to "hostile" places...here is the post:

<< Posted on the Miata Power list, here's the results of the dealer introduction to the MS Protege. Thought I'd pass it on...

"I thought y'all might like to hear this. Yesterday Mazda presented the Mazdaspeed Protege to several area dealerships. This day-long seminar included information on the car, Mazdaspeed performance accessories, and of course a test drive. This info is from two friends that were there:

- Boost is set at 7psi. The motor can handle 10psi. 12psi will cause bottom end damage.

- Attempt was made to prevent folks from increasing the boost by using "tamperproof" non-reuseable clamps on the wastgate boost line. In addition, the ecu cuts fuel if >10psi is reached.

- The turbo manifold is not for sale, it is only available as a replacement. The dealers have to provide the VIN of the Mazdaspeed Protege to order it, and then must the return the original manifold to Mazda.

- It has a 450 watt Kenwood flip-face stereo with subwoofer.

- Target audience of the car is 29 year old males.

- Mazdaspeed accessories are priced in the middle of the road compared to what is available aftermarket."
>>

I'm sure the aftermarket or even some enterprising owners will figure out how to overcome those "tamper proof" devices. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a few new owners get a little too anxious and blow the motor. ;)

Will see...

Antoine said:
12psi will cause bottom end damage.

Damn, that sux. I've been debating whether I should keep my MX-6 GT or if I should go ahead and put a deposit down on the new turbo Mazda with great handling. If I can't eventually upgrade the turbo or go above 12 psi without bottom end injury, then that makes my current car seem like the better deal. Am I correct in saying that basically the MSP is tuned to the max with little hope of ever seeing 200 crank hp without pulling the engine?

Antoine said:

I'm sure the aftermarket or even some enterprising owners will figure out how to overcome those "tamper proof" devices. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a few new owners get a little too anxious and blow the motor. ;)

Will see...

Yeah, you just buy a different wastegate line :).

Chris

2Rusty said:

Damn, that sux. I've been debating whether I should keep my MX-6 GT or if I should go ahead and put a deposit down on the new turbo Mazda with great handling. If I can't eventually upgrade the turbo or go above 12 psi without bottom end injury, then that makes my current car seem like the better deal. Am I correct in saying that basically the MSP is tuned to the max with little hope of ever seeing 200 crank hp without pulling the engine?

With proper tuning the motor can probably see 300 hp maybe more, but that is just bench racing. Once you get past the fuel and timing concern, you can max the motor out, but at that point the motor isn't your concern, the tranny is.......

-Jeremy-

From that same thread...
Yes, the 2003.5 MazdaSpeed Proteges will have different colors. I already know what one of the colors would be, however I am not sure if I can discuss it at this time. Please do not ask a dealer about this, they won't know.

Who is this guy that he knows things the dealers don't and can tell you not to ask? I would tend to doubt this guy legitimacy.

Am I alone in thinking that there is not going to be a 2003.5 MSP with possible wing/headlight/color mods? I mean if you think about it, it makes no sense. Why would Mazda spend all this time publicizing the release of the MSP and more importantly MazdaSpeed, say they're going to only offer 2000 units to North America and then turn around in half a model year, make modifications to a car they don't know is going to be a success and re-release it? Especially considering that near that half-model year, Mazda will be releasing the RX-8 and the 6 as well as a MazdaSpeed version of the 6. I seriously doubt that the Protege is important enough to warrant model modifications when the company has other new car releases occuring. This is just my opinion. Am I full of crap or do you tend to agree?

Used to think like you, but then I remembered hearing that this is the last year for this generation. In which case, all this R&D needs to be recouped. Some extra volume for the suppliers and MNAO seems to make sense here.

DooMer_MP3 said:

Yeah, you just buy a different wastegate line :).

Chris

the whole idea behind the tamper proof waste gate line is so that mazda won't have to do any warranty work for the bozo that upped the boost and blew his motor. they will be able to look at the wastegate line and say "you tweaked the boost, so you'll have to pay for the new motor."

njaremka said:
the whole idea behind the tamper proof waste gate line is so that mazda won't have to do any warranty work for the bozo that upped the boost and blew his motor. they will be able to look at the wastegate line and say "you tweaked the boost, so you'll have to pay for the new motor."
I think he meant buy factory replacement line, complete with the "tamper proof" clamps. Then if it needs to go in for service, you just put it back to normal. I'd have to see how they made these things "tamper proof" though. If it means I can't turn a bolt without voiding my warranty, well, that seems more than a little unreasonable. The whole thing might be :bs: though. I guess we'll wait and see.

JasonH said:

I think he meant buy factory replacement line, complete with the "tamper proof" clamps. Then if it needs to go in for service, you just put it back to normal. I'd have to see how they made these things "tamper proof" though. If it means I can't turn a bolt without voiding my warranty, well, that seems more than a little unreasonable. The whole thing might be :bs: though. I guess we'll wait and see.

what if the dealers won't sell you new tamper proof clalmps?

TurboTodd said:
Antoine said:
For those who dont like to travel to "hostile" places...here is the post:

:rolleyes:

tsk, tsk..

Could have done without the catty comment.

T

yeah that was kind of immature.:rolleyes:

anyways...

jroof said:
From that same thread...
Yes, the 2003.5 MazdaSpeed Proteges will have different colors. I already know what one of the colors would be, however I am not sure if I can discuss it at this time. Please do not ask a dealer about this, they won't know.

Who is this guy that he knows things the dealers don't and can tell you not to ask? I would tend to doubt this guy legitimacy.

I would highly recoomend lisetening to what edwin has to say, as he is much more reliable and intellegent when it coems to proteges than teh average forum joe... and hes our forum admin...

Hmmm...interesting you say so Protg Mnac...is this same Edwin thats stated such "reliable and intelligent" statements as:

"Most of you motherfuckers do is b**** about how expensive things are."

"That's because you fucktards never bought anything and there is no reason for any businesses to make any s*** for our cars."

"Yet, a lot of you are too retarded to figure out why."

"since you motherfuckers b**** about the stupidest bulls*** all the time"

Hmm...and all that was from ONE POST!

You guys (members, mods and even admin) have a 7 page thread in which you basically horribly insult your OWN MEMBERS!

I did not make a catty comment...I made a truthful one.

Yeah that was one thread where everyone let loose.

you guys have a forum here for that ;)

and edwin WAS correct, it may not have eben prettty, but thats how a lot of people are, how was he not reliable? yeah he can be harsh, but its the truth ;)

I listen to edwin because eh IS reliable and tells it like it is, none of that sissy ass sugar coated stuff :D

Back