MZ3 S 2.3 Throttle Body grounding???

Hey guys, I have been reading up here and there and have noticed some people have their TB grounded to their car battery or grounding spot. I was wondering what this is used for? Is it a quicker throttle response or what? Just wanting to know if it is going to be worth it to buy the wire and ground the TB? I have a MZ3 S 5 door by the way.

I have never heard of this. Why would you do something like this? Very intersting question brought up. This deserves some answers man!!!!

vividmaz3 said:
I have never heard of this. Why would you do something like this? Very intersting question brought up. This deserves some answers man!!!!

I did it and did not notice a thing. I will try a complete grounding kit after a couple of more mods.

---Herb---

the mod cost less than $5 to try if you don't have the wire already laying around the garage....

time between you touching pedal and tb opening is narrowed....

Da 6 said:
time between you touching pedal and tb opening is narrowed....

You forgot to add "supposely" and "on some cars"....
Like I said I did it and have not noticed a difference.

---Herb---

AzMz3 said:
You forgot to add "supposely" and "on some cars"....
Like I said I did it and have not noticed a difference.

---Herb---
sorry to hear that...hopefully it works out after you finnish the other grounding points...

ZippityZoomZoom said:
Most grounding kits are complete BS. So if you want engine 'bling' go for it.
On the 3rd Gen Proteges grounding kits make a difference, but all the 3rd Gens suffer from bad engine grounding. I haven't heard anything about the Mazda3's

rodslinger said:
The P5 I had didn't have any ground issues nor any I had worked on.
Mine doesn't either, but I believe the guys pulling a lot of current with their stereo setups had good luck with the grounding kits keeping their headlights from dimming as much.

yeah depends on how far you take it....some claim no gains some claim no dimming and atx shifted a lil better...I already have the optima red top in just waiting for a day to throw the 10's in and the interior neons(hump)

i grounded it and i do fell the car responding faster......
but it also can be the placebo efect .... (stoned)

Da 6 said:

Wow... they get pretty pissy over there. :p

Here's the funny part: I work in quality control testing for Visteon (formerly part of FoMoCo). I do starter motors but another area of the group I'm in does ETBs (but not the one on the 2.3L).

I could easily go talk to them and see what they think. Heck, I could probably even have them do some scientific tests.

But what does it really matter? If your butt dyno says it's better, then it's better. End of story.

What is "butt dyno"? It may sound dumb but I have no idea what you guys are talkin about.

Back