I just saw it up close and personal !

rsx

I just saw it up close and personal ! (NOW WITH PICS)

I just got back from seeing it in person.

Pretty nice, the orange is slightly peachish from far, but when you go closer it is very metalic and with a goldish tint. Definitely an eye catcher. The side markers are now clear.

They had the car at the Mazda corporate office in Montreal on the service road of Highway 40 right near St Jeans in Pointe Claire. If you live in Montreal you can go see it for yourself. Don't know how long it will be there it is plated with a California plate.

Oh did I mention I took pics !

mazdaspeed_01.jpg

mazdaspeed_02.jpg

mazdaspeed_03.jpg

Do you see my RSX?
mazdaspeed_04.jpg

mazdaspeed_05.jpg

mazdaspeed_06.jpg

mazdaspeed_07.jpg

mazdaspeed_08.jpg

Last edited:
Man this is frusturating. I just received a fax back from Mazda Canada and they claim that delivery will be in mid-October. I put my deposit down in May. That is going to be 5 months of agonizing waiting. What is the holdup? I can't wait to see your pics. I hope you took lots. I haven't even driven an MP3 before, so I am trusting that this car will be as good as they say it will be. The pics/articles/speculation/delivery date/price.....there are just to many unknowns for me to get to comfortable yet.

The "almzkid".

Rsx...
lucky you and you aren't even waiting for delivery and you get to see the car!...bastard!...:D
Post those pictures so almzkid and i can feel better...

almzkid i'm with you man, i ordered on june 3rd and it's going to be around 4 month - 5 months before we take delivery!:eek:

I hate the wait!..
i've never driven a Mp3 either do i'm hoping this car will is alot of fun to drive!:cool: And i know it will be..
LEt's just keep our fingers crossed that the price is be under $27K

Emm...

I've pre-ordered mine last week as they told me it's going to be available by the end of August!! They even told me to check out the dock (which I haven't had a time to do so yet.. ) as it should be there already... so who's saying the truth?? :confused:

I called my local dealer that will carry the MS...the salesman who picked up the phone said the Mazda reps were there the day before and that they should have them in the beginning of September.

Still...I think much is unknown...or unsure.

I can't wait to see the first modded Mazdaspeed. I'm already getting tired of seeing the stock version.:) Don't get me wrong, I still like seeing them, but honestly it's just like looking at our MP3's, but in a different color.

could one of you friendly canadian folks maybe pop a head in the door at that mazda corporate office and ask if the MS is just for the canada office, or perhaps as the license plate would indicate, a demo making all the rounds and if so, when i could see it? I am in Connecticut, and if it is coming anywhere near the new england area (which is straight south of its current location) i would definitely go to see it!

Rsx...
Very nice pictures of the MS-P you took there...
The first i've ever seen someone take in person.(thumb)

It's funny how you as an RSX-S owner can be so into this coming MS-P....i'm surprised that you aren't making fun of how mazda needs to turbocharge a protege to make a 'whooping' 170hp:mad:

Not to offend anyone out there, but i'm coming from hondas as well, and 170hp is usually naturally aspirated.
good stuff, for all the good info and suppose you have helped us through.;)

I guess it's about taste in cars, and not how fast one can do the 1/4 mile or HP it can push out.

some how, the 17" racing harts don't look as big as it seems...
now I wish they were 18's!:D

Btw, anyone know if the front head rest can be tilted forward?
It's too bad you didn't get to take any interior pictures of the car...i'd really like to know how this 'rear deck mounted' subwoofer is like. Are we soon to be MS-P owner suppose to get original MAZDASPEED Mats as well?

thanks!:)

Last edited:
I may own an RSX Type S, but I keep a close following of all the new cars out there. It is a really exciting time with so many new models coming out, and every company boosting hp like mad. I own a Honda, but that doesn't mean I am not interested or I don't appreciate other cars. I hate guys who think that their car is the best and are not interested in anything else. I am a true fan of the import scene, not just of Honda.

Of course I keep a close following o the Protege scene because my buddy Enry is a proud owner of an MP3, and has a Mazdaspeed Protege reserved. With the turbo engine, racing him should be a lot more exciting.

I hope you guys enjoyed the pics

:) :) :)

rsx..
ohh so Enry is your friend..
now i see the relation!:eek:

Yup thanks alot for the pictures..now i get a better idea of what the car is like in person......

colin949 said:
yeah i wanna see a black one in person

I saw a black one in person at Carlisle back in May. the paint is the same black mica found on regular Protege sedans, so nothing special there.

though, the overall appearance of the black mazdaspeed protege is more menacing than the orange one....

that orange paint, as shown in the pictures above, under sunlight, actually looks really cool!!!!

Awesome pics rsx (thumb)

The orange looks cool in those pics...

I love the "www.protegemp3.com exculsive" tag...great idea.

We are the MAZDASPEED Proteg source!

Great Pics. Thanks. The orange doesn't look so bad in these pics.

Anyone notice the kenwoods in the rear window? The brochure for the mazdaspeed says there's 4 coaxial door speakers?

Just something I noticed.

Saw a MS Protege

Mazda had a black mica Mazdaspeed Protege on display during the World Superbike races at the Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca last month.

The black looked nice (actually, my wife has a black mica Protege5 and I think it's a really nice paint with a lot of metal flake in it) and a lot more understated than the orange... perhaps more my style.

Anyway, I did have a chance to poke around in the car. The interior looks just like the MP3, but with a nice-looking Sparco shifter in black leather and aluminum instead of the old two-tone leather knob.

The deck-lid-mounted subwoofer really got my attention. The unit was flat and was mounted on the underside of the rear parcel shelf. My rough estimate is that it hung down about two inches or so... leaving the whole trunk floor unobstructed.

yeah they also had a black on back on May 3-5th at teh Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals in PA.

Looked pretty nice! I got a lot of pictures of the intercooler setup for reference. That IC is TINY!!

Back