tu-tone leather anyone?

Hey guys..
i just came back from m visit at the Mazda Dealer. I was just told that aftermarket tu-tone leather can be opted for at Mazda. It even offers full warrenty. You can have any colour combos and stichings as well. Custom embrode; anything you wish...
The one i looked at here in Toronto was a vivid yellow MP5 with Yellow and Black leather combo. Very nice. When i had asked about pricing i was quoted $2500CAN for all seats with door panel inserts. All the dash pieces were yellow as well with a nice glossy finish.
Does anyone on this board have tu-tone leather straight out from Mazda? Can you tell me how good of the quality is compared to the more expensive cars, such as BMW, Benz, Lexus? Is it worth $2500CAN? please post some pictures of you do have tu-tone.
Thanks
-Limited Edition

Mine was from the dealer but it was through a leather place they had a deal with. Not tu-tone, mine are solid black with a stiched mazda emblem. They are very high quality.

Are the seats your talking about from the factory?

Here are some pics. The Matt's P5 folder.

http://photos.yahoo.com/cmack98.geo

Hey Matt.
thanks for posting...yeah the ones i'm talking is a factory option, but aftermarket done. I felt and sat on it, and honestly i can't tell say if it's high quality or not. I guess i don't know my leather very well...haha. Anyways, are they hard are to keep in good condition?. high maintence?.
Are they very hot in summer and very cold in winter?. i'm not sure what temperature you get all year round, but here in Toronto we range from 30 + degrees to -20 degrees Celicius. Without heated seats in the winter, i think it will be very cold!
-Limited Edition

limited...the seats your DEALER is telling you about are NOT a factory option...but a DEALER option....they, the dealer has gotten in with some shop and are putting AFTERMARKET leather seat covers on the seats......before leather became a real Mazda option for ALL BLACK leather seats....many dealers were doing just as your dealer is...and some still do as those seats look a lot nicer than the FACTORY ones...... the DEALER option aftermarket seats...front, back, and doorpanel inserts were $1500 US

I can't say for YOUR area....but here in Texas leather seats are hotter than hell in the summer.....as nice as they look....you couldn't pay me to have a leather interior.

There not bad to keep in good shape. I bought some Meguiar's(did I spell it right?)leather seat wipes. They work real good. Keep the leather soft so it doesn't crack and stuff.

I said the seats are high quality. Truth is I've only had the car since late Jan. But I can tell it's not that cheap leather that is really thin.

I don't know if you follow me on that. The thin leather when you sit in it, it's like it has too much give. Down the road you'll know you'll have problems. Hope that made sense.

But when it comes down to it, it depends on where the dealer is sending your car. Place could be nice or the place could be a s**thole.

I almost got tu-tone. I would have gotten black with white inserts, but 6 months from now how would that have looked.

YellowMonster

Hey..
your Mp3 looks really good with the black leather and yellow stiching! How much did they charge you for that? I notice that you don't have the door panels inserts as well, so i'm assuming that they charged you less for the leather seats only.
BTW, your the second person i've seen that has a sunroof! Did you get that as a dealer option too?..is it fully automatic: tilt, open? same buttons found used in the Mp5? How much was that?
thanks!
-Limited Edition:cool:

Hey Limited Edition,
Actualy my door panel inserts are also leather.:) I don't think you can see them from the pictures though. The sunroof came straight from mazda. Aftermarket... Yes, it is fully automatic, tilt, open... You can also save 2 different positions, etc...
Originally Mazda was asking $27,500 US dollars for the car, but after days of intense negotiations I got the car for 21,000 out the door.
:cool:

hey guys, I live in kitchener, west of toronto and my dealer is selling the 2 tone with panel's and dash done and all for 1600 canadian, very good price for good quality

I think it all depends on the aftermarket company the dealer chooses to use, in toronto it could cost more, the dealer doesn't do the job it is always a aftermarket company

Okay, here's the deal. A Car Dealership is not Mazda. Dealerships are a seperate entity. They are not owned by Mazda, nor are the services provided by Mazda. Just as Circuit City and Best Buy are not Sony.

Now, any leather they say that will be added will NOT be FROM Mazda. Ever. There are leather companies out there that will work with Mazda dealerships, but it will not be a leather installed or purchased from Mazda, but rather from the dealership.

Now, to reply to the warranty isssue. Most of your aftermarket companies, (and yes, if it is NOT on the window sticker it IS aftermarket) will warranty their leather for at least three years. A lot of your Sun/Moonroof companies will even warranty for five years. So there is a warranty, but that is to get you to buy it.

In nearly every case for every car company, aftermarket leather will be a better quality. This is due to the fact that the leather used in aftermarket situations can be more selective. If you only do 100 leather installs for each car model a year (which would be a lot), you can be much more selective on the grade of leather than a company doing 30,000+ leather installs a year.

The truth is this: Aftermarket leather is better and no leather comes from the FACTORY unless it is posted on the window sticker, that includes leather that would be "added".

Back