Attn: spoolinmp3 & Big_ben

Stou

Guys, here the pictures of my check valves installation.

The 3 check valves are connected between the boost sensor and the 3 way selenoid:
Check_Valves.jpg

The clear tube is the boost vaccum tube and the black one is the SDS controller. The T connectors are located on the vaccum line on the intake manifold:
Vaccum_connection1.jpg

Vaccum_connection2.jpg

I hope this will help you! :)

Thanks for the pics Stou.....man you are quick.
Couple of questions.

The clear tube is the boost vaccum tube and the black one is the SDS controller. The T connectors are located on the vaccum line on the intake manifold:

I see the clear tube in the pic. Its T'd of with a black tube(on one side of the T you have the clear and on the other side is black)Are both these the for the boost gauge and sds controller?? Or is the sds controller on the other T with the yellow hose?
Perhaps this is my problem.....I never realized but that same hose that goes to the boost sensor, I have the boost gauge on that line along with the link computer and also the Fuel pressure regulator!!!!! Thats 3 T's on the same line! I will try to relocate those T's of other vacum hoses and leave the primary hose going to the sensor with out any T's.

Thanks Again!
Terry

The boost gauge is connected to the T with the clear and black tube. The SDS controller is connected to the T with the black and yellow tube.

Let me know if the changes make a difference or not!

Question for the turbo guys

I was wondering, what league of cars are the turbo's in. Meaning race wise. I do not want to get anyone in to trouble, ok. I know that Spoolin is in some what of a law enforcement job. :p That makes two of us.

What I mean, is could we run with an Eclipse GS-T, or a WRX (I think not unless you guys could make me a believer) VW 1.8T,
any V-tech N\A. I am just wanting to see what I will be able to race or not.

I will not mess with the obvious cars such as the Supra's, RX7's, the reason why I say WRX, is because I have scene one around here that can take a Supra.

Any help is appreciated. I just want to be able to shut-up the neighborhood bully.:D

I'm not sure if you are talking about what are our occupations or what can a turbo MP3 keep up with. I work for an engineering firm here in Dallas. I'm about 2 years from my civil engineering degree. If you are talking about what can a turbo MP3 keep up with, here are my beliefs. The WRX has around 127hp at the crank right? With a lot of loss because of the AWD, I'd guess it has as low as 165 or as high as 175 to the wheels. I expect around 200 to 210 at the wheels with my turbo. Off the line the WRX is still going to eat up the MP3 becaust of the AWD. But the MP3 will quickly catch up. Besids that, I'd say that the turbo MP3 will beat the eclipse gst, the 3rd gen eclipse v6, the VW GTI, and it will hand any V-Tec it's ass except the GSR. I'm not sure about that one. I'd still vote for the MP3.

No I mean the MP3 racing all of those cars. What league is the MP3 in? Sorry about that post earlier I am on some strong medicine, and it is hard to type. I don't think we could take a WRX, but if we can let me know. I was wondering about an eclipse because this guy has been talking alot of s***. I want to surprise him.:D

I'm not sure about the 1/4 mile, but the MP3 with 200 to 210 whp will definetely beat a WRX. The WRX only has(I think) 227bhp. After the massive loss because of the AWD, I'd think it would be around 180whp. Don't ever race one from a dead stop, but with a 30 to 40mph rolling start, the MP3 will take it. As for the eclipse. If it is a stock GST, the MP3 will dust it. You've got to realize that not many I4's have that kind of whp. I think it would be a very good race with a stock mustang gt or camaro z28. 200whp is a lot for such a light car.

Last edited:
Ben your turbo is packed and going out tommorow.:)

Ok I really do not do much of any street racing and baby my tranny as much as possible(no speed shifting) I would say a turbo mp3 is in the class of a WRX. I raced a stock WRX since a buddy of mone has one. Here is what to expect at 8psi and 6psi in 3rd.

1st gear. Total kick ass by the rex by about 3 car lengths!
2nd gear, I am catching up...rex still winning by 2 car lengths.
3rd gear. we are side by side
4th gear. I have about 1.5 car lenghts on the rex
5tg gear. I have about 2.5 car lengths on the rex.
Note this is a stock REX.

I wooped a GSR's ass in all gears!
Mildly modified

I beat a mustang by about 1 car length on the highway

Spanked a stock gst

I was destroyed by a single turbo supra:D

I was destroyed by a SS camaro

I was destroyed by a CRX b18c5 transplant(type r motor)

Hope this gives you a good Idea.

STOU!!!!!! I have not tried the check valves as of yet.....I am extremely sick and stuck in the house
:mad: :mad: :mad:
I will let you know as soon as I try

Hey guys, I just bought a G-Tech/Pro and did some test run even if I don't have received my new clutch.

It look very good. With the clutch slipping like hell, I did 180 whp. When I say clutch slipping like hell, I mean it. When shifting, I can hear the clutch slipping and feel the car lost his speed. I think I will easily break the 200whp with the new clutch kit.

Spoolin, keep me informed and take care of yourself!!! ;)

Back