Roadster Coupe in Japan...

Has anyone seen this little thing?

It is a Miata bascially, but with a non removeable hard top. Looks sexy if you ask me...

I'll try to get some pics up...

Oh yeah, it is another "Mazda in Japan Only Special"...

I've seen pics of it here and there. It's one sweet looking machine; something Mazda should have produced (limited quantities would have been cool). There's some speculation that a true coupe will be released in the States within the next year or two...I'll beleive it when I see it, heh.

Check these out. There have been a few coupe showcars - I'm a big fan of the yellow 1995 version.

As for a coupe being released, well, I'm not holding my breath. I had a dealer swear to me that the next Miata would be only available as a coupe with a supercharged engine. That was in 1997.

There are some pretty rare photos in here, actually. Not many people have even heard of the rotary hydrogen-powered Miata.

Convertibles:
http://www.clubmiatamonteregie.ca/les_prototypes.htm

Coupes:
http://www.clubmiatamonteregie.ca/miata_m_coupe.htm

Keith

The story was released on Oct 9...

"Mazda Releases 'Roadster Coupe' "

'- Stylish two-seat sports coupe, available in four grades and three different packages - '

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

"As for the coupe being released in North America..."

It is being produced in very limited quantities in Japan. The fact that it's being referred to as a "Roadster Coupe" does identify it as Japanese.

Keith

I was trying to do a whole little post with a picture, but then my computer got all wiggy and wouldn't do what I was trying to do.

Now I am fixed (I think) and I cantry to get the pictures from the Japan media Server...

Keith: I know what you were saying...

Ok, here we go...

This is the Roadster Coupe Type A front:

roadster coupe a.jpg

those coupes are so nice. i wish i could get one:( it has fd style with a taste of the old british sports cars

the only real problem with it is that taller people wouldnt be able to get in at all. i've seen tall people try and drive the regular miatas and it would be a bajillion times worse (for them) with a non-convertable top

In the current Miata, headroom is identical between the hardtop and the soft top - assuming the soft top is up, of course.

Keith

Back