Finally got my system done - Pix

hihoslva

Yep - finally did my install today - now I just have to tweak the whole thing, but it's all installed and working nicely.

I put some new pix up in my Webshots album. Check 'em out if you like:

Stereo Album

Comments welcomed! :D

Yo man, your set up looks TIGHT!

You do that professionally or what? Your tweeters, your switches, knobs, box...Everything looks great!

I am definitely Jealous now, I would never be able to hook something like that up, and I am too stubborn (and cheap) to go and have a shop do it for me.

But definitely gotta give you some props...

PS, are you the one that was going to try to organize a NY/NJ whatever meet near like the Continental Airlines Arena? If so, do you know when Howard Sterns Dysfunctional Family Picnic will be and where? I might have to work at that event in the Playstation section, and that'd be a cool place for some people to get together...

Allright, anyway, good job on the stereo!

Very impressed

Great Job man! That's a very clean install. I really like how you placed the switches. I'm gonna start my install in like 2 weeks. I'm putting in 2 polk/momo 10's in the trunk flush mounted in the concave section by the wheel wells and I'm putting polk/momo 6.5" component set in the front ( i like where you wounted the tweets... may use your lead on that one) and moving the stock kenwoods to the back doors. I'm gonna use and autotek xs1500.1 for the subs an autotek xs900.4 for the components and the back doors.

Your pics will def help me do some planning.

I'll make sure to take pics when I finally get it going.

Again, nice job. You must be extremely proud!

Nice

Nice work. I just got my system installed a couple days ago, i will be taking pictures soon. It is 2 square 12's with an xtant amp, all pioneer premiers inside with a soundstream amp, 3 tv's, and a pioneer premier headunit. Pics will be up within a couple days of my set up

Well thanks for all the compliments.

Oh, and "cmack98" - no - I'm no pro - not even close. If I was, that stuff would've been fiberglassed for sure! I'm just decent with my hands, I guess. I actually made all the parts with a circular saw - I have no access to a table saw, so I used the circ. and would just use a guide clamped to the MDF to make the straight cuts. I don't even have a damn jigsaw - I used my bulky Sawzall with a scroll-type blade for the sub hole and a few other countours. This is my first install with "fabrication" involved, and even though it's modest, I am fairly proud of the results, especialy the way all my stuff fits in together so well. It sounds great, too. It's really not that hard to do - with a little planning and some patience, I think anyone could do something like what I've done. Oh, and the tweeters - all I had to do is drill a 1-3/4" hole with a hole saw - the I-mount system takes care of the rest.

The switches are easy - I've had the bass amp on/off switch since my previous system in this car - decided to keep it. It's just a $2 appliance switch from a local hardware store, hooked up to the remote lead of the bass amp (for the times I'm listening to news or Howard Stern or whatever). And the bass control knob comes with the Rockford Fosgate amp - but it is in a bulky casing you're supposed to mount somewhere. I just popped the casing off, drilled a small hole, and now have nicer looking control knob ( I got the idea from someone else who did the same thing). It's even a standard type knob, so I could get a better looking dial and just slide it on - especially if that one gets hacked up from "over-use" ;)

Looking forward to pix of everyone's installs!

Oh, yeah - I guess I am the one trying to organize a meet this summer - I just figured a place like Continental could add something to the day, if there was a show or something going on that night. Responses have been coming slowly, but hopefully as the summer approaches, more people will want to be involved in a meet - the larger, the better! If you find out when the DSP is, that might be a great time - keep us Northeasterners posted!

Last edited:
dash kit...

I tried searching on Ebay for that latched pocket kit that you used, but I had no luck. I am very interested in knowing how to get a hold of one. Lemme know asap :)

-kevin

Kevin - sorry - got mine on eBay. Some dude was selling it from his '99.

Keep looking - maybe you'll get lucky. And since the '99 had them (and maybe other years) - junkyards might not be a bad place to look.

Where did you get that dash kit? Or did you custom make it then add in the shelf? Also, the wiring harness?? I have a P5 and would love to swap out teh deck, but i would love a harness, did you use one? Thanks alot, and it looks SWEET!:p

No dash kit - that covered pocket is from the MP3 (actually mine is from a 99 Pro - found it on eBay). The radio sleeve is just mounted directly to the dash, the sam way you would mount it to a kit - by bending the tabs in the sleeve. I did put some foam between the radio and pocket for extra stability, and there's a small gap between them that I have to get around to filling, but it's an easy install.

You can get a dash kit from Scosche, and a wiring harness. I didn't use the harness - I changed my deck before they were available, so I did the unthinkable and spliced the wires directly. But they are available now - got to a shop that deals with Scosche products, or I think you can order direct from them.

ur cd player ???

did u change the indash one or is that the stock player ???? how did u do it if u changed it

I have a P5, so no - that's not the stock player.

As far as changing it - well, use the search function - you'll find more to read than you can handle.

Hey hihoslva....
I am installing my new deck......one problem....I cant get the stock deck out !!! I took out the side two plastic pieces already which exposes those holes....u should know what I am talking about.....
How did you take out your stock deck ?? I tried pulling it out with a removeal tool...but no luck.....

My deck took me forever to remove, but I used the "pieces of coathanger" approach.

Are you sure you have the correct removal tools? They should look like large "U"s. Put them in the holes, and kinda pull to the sides and out - there are clips that lock the radio in place, the tools bend them back so the deck slips out.

I can't see it being a problem if you have the tools - it should pop right out. Do you have 2 tools? Are you sure you're putting them in far enough?

Back