them crappy ATgrills

Yep, I got scammed pretty good by that dude on Ebay. It was $50, lots of labor, and a disappointing outcome. I guess you get what you pay for. Hurry up Grillcraft, I might have to forge billet grills by myself...

I don't know what your guys problems are,
I have had mine for 4 months and no rust no probs
Only took 1/2 hour to put on
looks good on silver
maybe you guys need a little mechanical expieriance or maybe you shouldn't be doing that to your car!

Nah...I think if your grills are still ok then you are the exception not the rule...a lot of people who got them had problems....and I really doubt that being a mechanical whiz has anything to do with grills. :rolleyes:

yep I must agree with BigBlue. those AT grills are crappy. I dont have one myself but I have heard from many people that they dont install properly. With mechanical experience I dont think its a problem, MB Tech here.:)

Made my own

Yeah, those AT Grills are not worth buying and they are too expensive.
I made my own and I only spent $40 CAN on a 5'x5' sheet.
And I only used 6" of the sheet.
I bought the material from a local metal scrap company, Home Depot does not have this material.
I did the cutting and painting myself.
I'll post up some pictures next time.

Hey, Bigblue if you're interested. I still have some material left and we can make one for you....

Hey that'd be awesome! It was funny I started reading how you made your own and was immediately thinking "wow I wonder if he'll show me how he did it"!

One of these days we're gonna have to meet up...I wanna see your car in person as it sounds like you've done a fair bit to it.

By just using an Aviation snips and some galvanized wires. I got the idea from (I think) Bigben about how to make the grills.

Bigblue, just tell me when and where ever you want to meet up...

Danm Grills

I got my grills last week and the f$%" don` t Fit on my MP3, i`m wondering if i can get my danm money back from them ass holes.

I don't think you did last week, but you should consider coming out this weekend to the AutoX at Assiniboine Downs....just look for my MP3...I'm the only one there with one. :)

brennan sayz:

"I don't know what your guys problems are,
I have had mine for 4 months and no rust no probs
Only took 1/2 hour to put on
looks good on silver
maybe you guys need a little mechanical expieriance or maybe you shouldn't be doing that to your car!"

The ATgrills are only galvanized steel. That's why they rusted out. Around Chicago, streets&san uses salt on the roads to melt ice. Maybe where you're from they use sand because it's cheaper. Or is it Andrew/Tyler grills actually sent you real "new and improved" stainless hardware cloth fitted for a P5 because you're from Canada too?

Either way you have Canadian laws to protect you in the deal. It's kinda tough to make an "international" incident over $50 to customs. I'm just warning everybody not to get scammed like I did and others.

As for mechanical experience, my dad and I have successfully restored several 60s and 70s Fords. Are you and your dad going to come down here and kick our asses with tuned out imports?

As for what I do or don't do to my Protege5: who gives a rat fink's ass? At least I'm not conforming/customizing a Civic.

I'm not conforming a civic, all I want is my car to look the way I want to, also since your an american it show's! My dad grew up working on 60's cars and 70's cars, he also dragged with a 580 hp dodge charger so you can kiss my ass!

Here-here to American pomposity! None of the smilies kiss ass, so here's tonguey: :p

ATgrills suck ass! Do not buy from them. I paid them $70.00, they took my money and never sent me my grill. Finally after 3 months, they gave me money back. I heard lots of bad things like they rust, so dont buy from them!

Back