2.0L vs 2.3L

jaman

Just a quick question. Is the 2.0L engine a revised FS engine or is it the same family as the new generation 2.3L?

Thanks.

THEY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENGINES.
THE NEW 2.0 AND 2.3 WILL COME OUT NEXT YEAR . THE fs IS AN OLD MOTOR FROM THE 90'S

Antoine said:
Chill perfworks, you could have said that without using all caps.
what do you mean chill?

thats the way the computer was set up after a word document. I didnt realize it till after the post . didnt think it was that much of a big deal.:rolleyes:

didn't your high school teacher tell you to proof read stuff before turning stuff in?

bad excuse dude

and there is the EDIT button to fix any screw ups ya know

perfworks said:
what do you mean chill?

thats the way the computer was set up after a word document. I didnt realize it till after the post . didnt think it was that much of a big deal.:rolleyes:

Well...In most cases people use caps for negative reasons...now you know to check ;)

BAAAAACK on topic...thanks.

The FS block dates back to the first generation FWD 626, which came out in 1983. This motor has been around in turbo and non-turbo 2.0L and 2.2L versions.

The totally new 2.3L, which is also being used in a lesser displacement version 2.0L, is about 18 months old now, having first shown up in the North American market Mazda B-2300 pickup (and similar Ford Ranger), and is used in the 2003 model year California market Ford Focus, as well as the 2004 Mazda6. It is totally of Mazda design.

TheMAN said:
didn't your high school teacher tell you to proof read stuff before turning stuff in?

bad excuse dude

and there is the EDIT button to fix any screw ups ya know

youre SOOOO personable edwin (wink)

B.L. Zebop said:
That's what got him kicked off the Protege Club board...

No, it's the fact that he slept with everyone's mother/daughter/auntie that did him in.

And if you keep this up, your female kin are next.

dr_"what is it with you people and your perverse obsessions with TheMan?"_sarcasm.

according to Car and Driver.......

Engine choices will be a 150-hp 2.0-liter and the 2.3-liter four-cylinder from the Mazda 6, upgraded to 170 horsepower.

i like that UPGRADED part

BlueEmPee5

BlueEmPee5 said:
according to Car and Driver.......

Engine choices will be a 150-hp 2.0-liter and the 2.3-liter four-cylinder from the Mazda 6, upgraded to 170 horsepower.

i like that UPGRADED part

BlueEmPee5

The Mazda3 2.3l will have 160hp and 150lb-ft in N. American-spec, it's official (well not EPA tested yet, but those are Mazda's final figures).

The 2.3l will be available in N. America, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. In each of these markets, the 2.3l will have slightly lower hp and/or torque figures than the Mazda6. The 2.3l in Japanese-spec will have 168hp (but requires premium whereas the N. American-spec 2.3l will take regular).

The choice of blue for the MZ3sport in Canada is said to be "indigo". Compared to "winning blue", is it a darker blue?

BlueEmPee5 said:
hmmm weird cuz Car and Driver said it was Upgraded 2.3 from the Mazda6. So now its actually dowgraded??

:(

BlueEmPee5

Yes, as I said, the Mazda3 2.3l will have less hp and/or torque than the equivalent market's Mazda6. But honestly, this makes sense, Mazda shouldn't be making the 3 better than the 6.

Back