questions about mazdaspeed 6

FlashFIRE

well.. im assuming that there will be a mazdaspeed 6 first of all... by the title of this section of this forum.. and seeing bits and pieces of info elsewhere..

well.. i looked around this section of this forum and i didn't really find much? i might be lookin around in the wrong places...

but can i just get a feel of what the mazdaspeed 6 is gonna be like? what kinda changes? what can i expect? or maybe divert me to a site with some additional info?

thanx!!

all the major car mags posted a little info about it...it is just a concept as of now...All the pictures in those mags were of a silver RX-8 with various aero pieces and a wing...Looked good with a low front air dam...I am still looking for the pics online to post..

I have heard a lot of contradicting info on it however...According to most mags, a MSP Miata is firts in line for the US market arriving by summer of 04, then possibly a MSP 6 too before MSP RX-8...overall sales figures of the initial RX-8 are what will decide if one makes it here or not...Also the MSP RX-8 concept was not officially built in-house by Mazdaspeed, but was a group effort by Autoexe, Advan, and some other high-end Japanese tuners...SCC said we will probably see a new RX-7 before the MSP RX-8, and the RX-7 is slated to utilize a similar version of the 8's Renisis rotary engine in upwards of 330hp for the U.S. market (Mazda officials in the interview stated that North American countries most likely will get the most powerful version RX-7, unlike the past...Japan's government opposes a maximum bhp rating of 287 from the factory for Japanese streets...Europe almost always gets the J-spec versions of japanese cars, and we usually get a "de-tuned" version with torquier pickup)...whether any of this is accurate is up in the air, but with every major magazine giving excellent reviews of the overall value of the RX-8; both a MSP RX-8 and new RX-7 don't seem out of the question...that and the Renisis engine was awarded engine of the year, and best engine in the 20,000 to 60,000 dollar range...beating everything Merc, BMW and Audi could throw at it...

Back