RX-8...The most beautiful car ever

natedizzle

:
2002.5 Protege ES
yesterday i decided to take my girlfriend to our local mazda dealer to just look around and lo and behold as soon as i park i look up and see this absolutely beautiful black rx-8 in the showroom. let me say this, the pictures do not do this car any justice, at all. i must have had my mouth open for a good 5 minutes with drool comming out the entire time. and yes, i did get to sit in the beast, adjusted the seat and everthing, ha. it was a fully loaded one w/ navigation and 18's. also got to check out the engine w/ out the plastic cover on it... i think i am going to cry.

30's here...ill pass, for that kind of money, ill buy a nissan 350Z...why? because ive owned an RX7 and although it was almost as much fun as the 1997 Lotus Esprit TT V8 i drove from philly to pittsburgh, and it was fast as hell and looked sweet, try to get someone to work on it that knows what they are doing. maybe you might have one or two people in your city (there was only about 3 in all of pittsburgh, which is pretty big) that know what the hell they are doing. most people wouldnt even touch them. i can do basic work on my cars, but to be messsing around with a rotary is a totally different issue...when "my" mechanic came down with pnemonia, i drove a rented neon for 2 weeks because he couldnt make it to work...then they didnt even have a shop manual for the car, so i had to wait another 3 days...dont get me wrong, i love mazdas, i love the RX series vehicles, i love the power that tiny ass engine produces, but ill pass on all the headaches associated with it...get a 350 at that point.

werd, everyone should see the car in real life, its much smaller than pictures make it look, soooo tight. saw one at a dealership on friday and then saw one in the parking lot at work last night

RazorP5 said:
30's here...ill pass, for that kind of money, ill buy a nissan 350Z...why? because ive owned an RX7 and although it was almost as much fun as the 1997 Lotus Esprit TT V8 i drove from philly to pittsburgh, and it was fast as hell and looked sweet, try to get someone to work on it that knows what they are doing. maybe you might have one or two people in your city (there was only about 3 in all of pittsburgh, which is pretty big) that know what the hell they are doing. most people wouldnt even touch them. i can do basic work on my cars, but to be messsing around with a rotary is a totally different issue...when "my" mechanic came down with pnemonia, i drove a rented neon for 2 weeks because he couldnt make it to work...then they didnt even have a shop manual for the car, so i had to wait another 3 days...dont get me wrong, i love mazdas, i love the RX series vehicles, i love the power that tiny ass engine produces, but ill pass on all the headaches associated with it...get a 350 at that point.

I like the 350Z as well. But; a Track Edition is near $35,000. I will keep on loving my MAZDASPEED; at least for a few more years.

The 350Z is new, fresh, and original. I like that in a car. The looks are always subjective, in any car, however.

Having not yet seen an RX-8, I will reserve judgement. I'm not keen on the rotary. Regular internal combustion - I trust more.

The new RX8 is ugly in my opinion. First of all, it souldn't be a 4 seater. It is WAY too heavy. It's got 250 hp but the S2000 still beats it in every performance catagory. What's the deal? Mazda missed the mark with this one. Maybe they will do better with the 2 seater roadster version.

Oh, and the front end is the ugliest part. The rear looks good though.

big_ben said:
The new RX8 is ugly in my opinion. First of all, it souldn't be a 4 seater. It is WAY too heavy. It's got 250 hp but the S2000 still beats it in every performance catagory. What's the deal? Mazda missed the mark with this one. Maybe they will do better with the 2 seater roadster version.

Oh, and the front end is the ugliest part. The rear looks good though.

I beg to differ, I think the rear is the ugly part :D S2K's are soooo dope. It was a really tough choosing between the S and the Z, but I chose the Z cuz I thought it would be a more practical daily driver. The S is an awesome car though.

awwwwww

the S2000; I must drive one of those. I wonder how it would be as a daily driver for someone my height of 6'4" (with the top up).

Re: awwwwww

AGR #11#26#27 said:
the S2000; I must drive one of those. I wonder how it would be as a daily driver for someone my height of 6'4" (with the top up).

Greg,

You gotta drive this car. It's a ******' awsome car. My buddy has one and he's 6'2. I actually almost bought one before I put an order for the Z. The only things that really got to me were cargo space and interior noise if you don't have the hard top. But when that VTEC kicked in, it was like a was riding a sport bike :)

but I chose the Z cuz I thought it would be a more practical daily driver.
Yeah, it is very harsh. BUt greatest thing about the S2000 is that it is PURE SPORTS CAR. There are NO frill about the S. You can feel, hear, taste, and smell everything the car and the road is doing. Maybe not the taste and smell, but you become a part of the car. All the vibrations and jolts are just part of the experience.

I have also heard lots of people who are 6'+ say that the car feels fine to them. But I'm 5'5" and the car fits me like a glove.

The Z is a much better car if you are looking for more daily driving comfort. But thats what I love about the S2000, it is still comfortable, but not like other cars. It's all about the performance! If you are looking for a car that just kicks you in the ass and takes off like a bat out of hell, the S2000 is for you.

You'll always have bragging rights with a 1.3 motor and 250 hp. Lets see the rest of those guys do that, since Honda owners always wanna brag abput hp per liter.

Back