my worst fears come true

Daotan

for those of you that haven't read my prev threads here they are

http://msprotege.com/vbb225/showthread.php?threadid=24037

http://msprotege.com/vbb225/showthread.php?threadid=24329

they replaced the charcoal cnister and gastank and as compensation offered me no charge for my first service, do you guys think that this is fair compensation for buying a new car that required major repairs within 2 weeks of purchase?

i work for toyota, and i have a relative in the legal dept, one of my co-workers was a ford mechanic for 10 years, everyone says that i should get more compensation than that, at least a credit for my first months payment or one extra year on the warranty, i called the customer service dept of the dealer and initially they said ok to waive the first months payment, but the next day informed me that Mazda doesn't do that, they do that for the Ford cars and all the other ford affiliated cars but not for Mazda, WTF is up with that?!?!?!?

i called Mazda of america and they said there is pretty much nothing they can do about it, they say it is a warranty repair and the dealer will take care of it

i still love the car but i am very disappointed in Mazda of America, if anyone ever asks me to recommend a Mazda i will have to say, yeah, they are great cars but you better hope it never breaks down because Mazda of America does not stand behind thier vehicles

i really don't think i am being unreasonable, a free first service amounts to about $80 as i understand it and the car has had close to $1000 worth of repairs done to it, anyway i will try to enjoy my mazda but my overall experince has been a big giant F, i will never buy another mazda and i will tell my horror story to anyone that will listen

Daotan said:
at least a credit for my first months payment or one extra year on the warranty

Are you serious, why would ANY company do that. At least they offered you first free service.

i still love the car but i am very disappointed in Mazda of America, if anyone ever asks me to recommend a Mazda i will have to say, yeah, they are great cars but you better hope it never breaks down because Mazda of America does not stand behind thier vehicles

What do you mean, didn't they fix the car? How much more can they stand behind the car.

Before any body flames me, think about this guys. And I am speaking to you Mazdaspeed Protege guys also, these are first year, brand new models. I have been a long time Mazda owner, owning many, many mazda's, and never have had trouble, except for one. Here is my rule to trouble free Mazda's, never buy a first year model. The exception was my 94 RX-7 R-2 that I ordered new, and it stayed in the shop. But it was a high-tech car, and it is excused. So again, I say, NEVER BUY A FIRST YEAR MODEL, there are always going to be unforseen problems that are going to happen. I want a RX-8, and I will buy one, a 2005 model, they will have most of the bugs worked out by then.:D

sorry to hear about your problems with your 6. Though it sounds like it should be resolved. now if the same problem happens again then id say you should be rightfully pissed. sometimes you are just unlucky.

Re: Re: my worst fears come true

GOTZOOM? said:

Are you serious, why would ANY company do that. At least they offered you first free service.

What do you mean, didn't they fix the car? How much more can they stand behind the car.

Before any body flames me, think about this guys. And I am speaking to you Mazdaspeed Protege guys also, these are first year, brand new models. I have been a long time Mazda owner, owning many, many mazda's, and never have had trouble, except for one. Here is my rule to trouble free Mazda's, never buy a first year model. The exception was my 94 RX-7 R-2 that I ordered new, and it stayed in the shop. But it was a high-tech car, and it is excused. So again, I say, NEVER BUY A FIRST YEAR MODEL, there are always going to be unforseen problems that are going to happen. I want a RX-8, and I will buy one, a 2005 model, they will have most of the bugs worked out by then.:D

"Are you serious, why would ANY company do that. At least they offered you first free service."

car companies do it all the time, why not mazda?

"What do you mean, didn't they fix the car? How much more can they stand behind the car."

i expected to get the same treatment from Mazda that i would get from any other car company, waiving the first months payment and/or extending the warranty is not unheard of in a situation like mine, i know for a fact that Ford and Toyota do it

"these are first year, brand new models."

i bought an '02 R1 which was a complete redesign for that year, guess what? no problems, i bought a 99 R6 and guess what? no problems, those are bikes but i could go on with all the hondas and toyotas i have bought, family has bought, friends, you name it

when did it become normal to expect less than perfection in any product that you pay good money for?

you act like this is a ducati or ferarri or some kind of exotic peice of machinery, its a car, a damn fun and sexy car but nonetheless its still just a 4 door sedan

i feel what you are saying man, i am just pissed right now, i hope nothing else goes wrong with it, it drives so nicely and looks so good, i was just really upset that i couldn't drive the damn thing for almost 2 weeks, i have had the car for a month but have only driven it for 2 weeks, 2 friggin weeks!

Re: Re: Re: my worst fears come true

Daotan said:

"Are you serious, why would ANY company do that. At least they offered you first free service."

car companies do it all the time, why not mazda? Never heard of any dealer doing this.

"What do you mean, didn't they fix the car? How much more can they stand behind the car."

i expected to get the same treatment from Mazda that i would get from any other car company, waiving the first months payment and/or extending the warranty is not unheard of in a situation like mine, i know for a fact that Ford and Toyota do it

Hell, atleast they fixed it and were apologetic. Some stealerships will try to do anything to get of any warranty repairs so you have to pay for it.

"these are first year, brand new models."

This shouldn't matter at all. I expect the same treatment with a 1st year model.

i bought an '02 R1 which was a complete redesign for that year, guess what? no problems, i bought a 99 R6 and guess what? no problems, those are bikes but i could go on with all the hondas and toyotas i have bought, family has bought, friends, you name it

when did it become normal to expect less than perfection in any product that you pay good money for?

Nothing is perfect. For you to be expect perfection out a car is asking a little much. That's why Manufacturer's are offering such a good warranty.

you act like this is a ducati or ferarri or some kind of exotic peice of machinery, its a car, a damn fun and sexy car but nonetheless its still just a 4 door sedan

You don't think these cars have problems!?!?.

i feel what you are saying man, i am just pissed right now, i hope nothing else goes wrong with it, it drives so nicely and looks so good, i was just really upset that i couldn't drive the damn thing for almost 2 weeks, i have had the car for a month but have only driven it for 2 weeks, 2 friggin weeks!

I feel your pain If you want to read a real horror story, read about my experience with my Protege5 that was only 8 months old.

http://forum.protegemp3.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21497

http://forum.protegemp3.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21028

GotZoom, I got a check from Mazda NA when my car was in the shop waiting for the cooling line hose that was leaking. Mazda sent the wrong one, thus causing my car to be there for over a week, they sent me a check to cover my loan for that timeframe. On top of giving me my rental too. :D

"Before any body flames me, think about this guys. And I am speaking to you Mazdaspeed Protege guys also, these are first year, brand new models. I have been a long time Mazda owner, owning many, many mazda's, and never have had trouble, except for one. Here is my rule to trouble free Mazda's, never buy a first year model. The exception was my 94 RX-7 R-2 that I ordered new, and it stayed in the shop. But it was a high-tech car, and it is excused. So again, I say, NEVER BUY A FIRST YEAR MODEL, there are always going to be unforseen problems that are going to happen. I want a RX-8, and I will buy one, a 2005 model, they will have most of the bugs worked out by then."

GotZoom: Just an fyi not a flame at all, just playing devils advocate...the Mazdaspeed isn't completely a first year car...the suspension is a couple years old; the 2003.5 Speed has the same clunk problems as the 2001 MP3...Mazda still has yet to fix that. My car is now 2 yrs old and I still have to bring it in every 3000 miles or so to get parts of the suspension replaced; I think that is pretty pathetic.

Alright I've got my flame suit firmly in place...

If I'm reading this wrong, I apologize, but Damn, Daotan your first post on this issue was July 8. I dunno when the problem actually happened but don't you think that 8 days is a little ridiculous to be calling "Lemon Law!!!" and "I hate Mazda" And stuff like that?

Your very first post already had a tone as if Mazda was bending you over and lubing up the hot poker. I really get tired of hearing everyone go IMMEDIATELY to the big conspiracy theories of "The Dealers only want to F&*@ You over!" after they have the car in for one service. (I know you've had it in a couple of times now, but in your first post you already sounded ready to sue them.)

Unless you absolutely ALWAYS get absolutely EVERYTHING right in your job, I'd say you ought to learn to give people a break and accept that we're human. Very few of us solve every problem immediately. I know there are all sorts of horror stories out there about dealers and cars and what not, but I have to believe that 99% of the time those folks are just trying to do their jobs the same as everyone else. No they're not perfect, and yes it's really inconvenient when they mess up cause your car is down and you're driving a POS Focus, but it's not a conspiracy to get you. They need customers, that's rule one, how does it benefit them to screw you on purpose???

Relax and get a life man.

And Gotzoom is absolutely right...never buy a first year of ANY production car, that's not just a Mazda problem, that's almost universal. ot nly do first year models have bugs, but the service guys are in a steep learning curve as well.

I don't think he was looking to sue them and teach them a lesson or anything, just worried that his car would be exactly that, "a lemon" and that he'd have to have it in for constant service; which no one enjoys or deserves.

I don't agree Scott. He's already talking about free first months payments and stuff like that. I guess that's my whole point is how do you even make the leap to thinking about lemon laws in a period of eight days??? It's absurd.

Whatever the case, it makes for a very rough experience and I can't fault him for being wary about a product that he just spent around 20k on that needed significant work within the first week of ownership. Maybe thoughts of the lemon law was a bit extreme to contemplate at that point, but I think payment for the time that he was without the car is more than fair.

scott42 said:
I don't think he was looking to sue them and teach them a lesson or anything, just worried that his car would be exactly that, "a lemon" and that he'd have to have it in for constant service; which no one enjoys or deserves.

I wonder how many vehicles actually get classified as a lemon?

Probably less than .10% of every new vehicles sold. Just wondering...

well i got the car back, damn i missed it so much

i requested info on the lemon law in case it ever came to that, that is all

someone here already mentioned that Mazda NA gave them a credit for a similar situation so they CAN do it if they want to

i appreciate everyones opinion about this situation, i posted it to get everyone elses opinion, now that i have the car back i am more inclined to drop the issue and just enjoy my car, but i will not, i feel i have a legitimate gripe, if you disagree then that is your right

Daotan said:
well i got the car back, damn i missed it so much

i requested info on the lemon law in case it ever came to that, that is all

someone here already mentioned that Mazda NA gave them a credit for a similar situation so they CAN do it if they want to

i appreciate everyones opinion about this situation, i posted it to get everyone elses opinion, now that i have the car back i am more inclined to drop the issue and just enjoy my car, but i will not, i feel i have a legitimate gripe, if you disagree then that is your right

I don't disagree that you shouldn't be upset...

Hell I am still pissed about my Protege5 and it has been almost 2 months.:mad: :mad:

have over 20,000 on my mazda 6 that I bopught in Feb, the check engine light came on, and took it to the dealership, they gave me a loanercar...(a huge Lincoln Towncar, that i hated), anyway, it turns out that last time I'd gotten gas, I hadnt clicked the cap 3 times, ,......the light never came on again.....

Back