I'll put this here...

Something of interest, I hit Sport Compact Car's web-site about five minutes ago attempting to find out if they wrote anything about thier MP3 Project car. Of course there is nothing.

Something of interest however is that they chose the eight best cars for 2002 or 2001 or whatever.

They put the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, a car they thought was thoroughly dissappointing, in there...Along with the Focus SVT?? Nice. No MP3 though. Oh well.

I suppose they have some fouled up system for judging cars but who knows. I'm glad I didn't get a subscription...

I think they'll have an update on their project MP3 in the next issue. "I think". Knowing our luck, they probably won't.

I'm pretty sure the reason they haven't written an article on it yet is because there's nothing to right. In the little blurb they did write about it they said they were going to install a monsterflow intake, fsze intake cam, and mazdaspeed exhaust cam. Well from what we've seen here those mods are only good for like 7-8 whp. They were probably so disappointed with the results that they are trying to figure out where the bottleneck in the engine is (without taking out the first cat....they do try to keep their cars somewhat smog legal being based outside of la).
That's just my guess on the subject but it seems to make more sense than just being lazy. Give them time and let them do all the research for us.

StuttersC said:
Something of interest, I hit Sport Compact Car's web-site about five minutes ago attempting to find out if they wrote anything about thier MP3 Project car. Of course there is nothing.

Something of interest however is that they chose the eight best cars for 2002 or 2001 or whatever.

They put the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, a car they thought was thoroughly dissappointing, in there...Along with the Focus SVT?? Nice. No MP3 though. Oh well.

I suppose they have some fouled up system for judging cars but who knows. I'm glad I didn't get a subscription...

yeah, it was thier best new cars for 2002. no MP3 for 2002, so it wasn't there. also, they have a price cap of $30,000, which means no ferrari's and such.

Back