Snow Flaps?

M

mblix

Has anyone out there sourced or tried to fit mud flaps to a P5. I asked the dealer and they say there is too many body panels to worry about. Winter has arrived and there is an alot of snow, sand, salt crap that sticks and freezes onto the underbody. It is particularly bad on the driver's rear where it gets way up under the rear bumper area. I can only wash when it gets stays above -10C and would like to control the problem in the meantime.

Actually there are flaps available from the dealer. I can't believe he told you that. Has anyone bought Mud/Snow flaps from the dealer or an Auto parts store? Let us know the Make/Model Part# and where they're available. I was in a parts store in September and they had Universal flaps that were nice and said they fit an '01 Protege, but I don't know if they'll fit our P5!

Thom

Anybody else has the Mazda ones installed on their p5? Post pictures, I would like to see how they look. I am interested in the Mazda ones, not "universal".

what's the difference between the universal ones and the mazda ones? anyone know a good price for getting them installed? I saw about 70$ canadian a pair advertised at one place... is that way too much, or about right?

If anybody gets these put in, let us know. I just moved into a new home and the streets won't be done until nov of next year. Need something to keep the mud off my car. I love my blue p5 when its clean, but that only lasts about 30 minutes :mad: . Also if possible, post pics of the finnished product.

I want some too. Anybody know where I can get that $70.00 pair. That price seems about right for a pair of nice moulded mud flaps. I think I paid about $60.00 for my Civic flaps. I just called my dealer and he said Mazda didn't sell any, and that because of the ground effects, they might be difficult to attach.

The parts desk at North Toronto Mazda told me there is no mud guards for the P5. Specifically, he said there is no part number listed in the catalogue. He went to that there isn't much room in the wheel well to fit mud guards and all the snow that builds up.

Anyone actually seen a P5 with mud guards?

the parts dept at my dealer didnt even have much of a listing for anything. @ mazda's website mazdausa.com there is an accesory brochure which lists part numbers for everything. if you have the part number they should be able to look it up.

Back