Mazda Atenza?!?! What do you think?

I'm sure some of you people have known about this concept for some time, but I just found out about it. (the Mazda Atenza) http://www.mazda.co.jp/motorshow/english/concept/atenza/performance.html
I don't care what everyone else thinks, I think it looks really good! Although not good enough for me to want it more than the RX-8. (if this car will even make it to production I have NO clue) The 2.3l I4 with Sequential Valve Timing, a 4-2-1 stainless exhaust manifold, no close-coupled cat, "dual" exhaust, nice suspension, among other things, are very appealing. However, they didn't seem to mention anything about horsepower. Hmmmmmmm...interesting. What do you people think?

guy...both the 6 (Atenza) and RX8 are production cars that we will see soon. i actually prefer the 6 hatch over the RX8.

oops. :eek: The 6 IS the Atenza. I guess I saw some OLD concept pictures previously. As for the RX-8, I definitely knew it was coming out in 2003. I was talking about the Atenza. (whether or not it would make it to production) Now that I know that the 6 and the Atenza are one in the same, my question is answered.
I heard a while ago that the 6 may have a 2.3l DOHC I4 with 178hp. Is this true? If so, this answers my other question of where they would be getting the extra hp from. (sequential vale timing, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, etc.) Either way, I feel that a car like this (and ours for that matter!) should have at least 200hp. Mazda's heading in the right direction though!
Thanks for filling me in.... guy... hehehe :p Just kidding.
Nice signature LooseCannon. Thanks for the info. Jon.

Back