Top End

Coolhand

:
2001 Mazda MP3 #140
Here's a question? What's the fastest anyone's gone in their MP3... I really opened mine up at got to 123mph (quite quickly i might add) before I let up. Just curious to see what's the limit on our babies.

I hit 100 and backed off. It defintly felt like it could (and wanted to) get higher. I think you have the record. Where to you find such an open stretch of road?

I-75 has some nice strait areas here around Sarasota. Although seeing as I lack a liscense have yet to really get to open her up.

Hit 190 km/h today... tough i'm sure i could have gone more but it started to block up ahead.

i love the handling on this car...had to try a lane change at that speed...woa..gets the heart beating /ubb/smile.gif + it may not do 0-100 in 5 seconds, but it didn't feel 190 when i was going 190 plus i wasn't scared with those Z rated tires.

Z Rated...... think we can go 300? /ubb/smile.gif (not)

------------------
--
Karl Marx / protegemp3.com

On I-30 here in Texas, and on occation on N. Central Expressway (Hyw 75) in Dallas I have reached about 112 MPH before the governer kicked in. Like Coolhand said, it gets there pretty quick! Anyone know how to kill that damn governer?

im still breaking mine in and so far i have been up to 70mph and just have 220 miles on the bad boy :p

Hey everybody idont know if i'm the only one hey, looks like i'm the only one from california with a mp3 from hanford, thats 30min away from fresno. But anyways luxinnija whatever, your car has to be broken in first before you can achieve your goal the mazdas don't have governers like hondas,acura,toyotas,and mitsus. hondas 108-117mph acuras 110-121mph toyota 100-110 mitsu 115-123mph. When i had 1875 miles on the mp3 i was able to do 118mph pretty quick and let off cause i was coming up to the base gate and just let off could of went up probably to 125mph if it would and it felt like it could. It all depends on if it is broken in or not.

true true you have to break it in before you think about doing more than just driving fast in it... he'll get it... :mad:

I've had my car up to about 105 (On the FL turnpike and I-95) but everytime I get close to 100 it starts making this whistling sound. I found out yesterday that it's my windshield...the seal isn't air tight. I'm going to call my dealer and see what they can do about that.

I have the exact same whistling problem. It seems to me that it comes from one of the wipers... I've read somewhere that the Protege 5 had the same problem.

Martin

Actually I called the dealer today and I'm bringing in my car on Saturady and they're going to replace the seal around my windshield, so I guess I'll see if that's the problem or not. I don't think it's the wiper though, cause when I push on the windshield the noise stops. I'll let you know if this solves the problem or not on Saturday.

in response to Tritonheat1
mazdas do have governers
my friends pr5 calls it quits at 120
but becuase we all are smart (lucky) enought to go with the LE mp3 we are ready to race
130mph....no joke

Actually protege's don't have governers your calling the quits as of top speed that's not a governer a governer is where a odometor says 160mph but has a governer to stop the motor at 110mph and shutsdown. The engine shutsdown and the motor stops until your idle drops 10mph less than your top speed and then if you try to past 110 again it'll just keep shutting down untill you buy an ecu computerchip to take it off. My buddy lives on the base and has a zx3, he drives to san Diego every weekend and his car shutsdown at 105-106mph and he went to superchip.com and paid like 275$ for it and has installed it. The fastest he has tooken it up to was 120mph and the focus has a 140mph. That's a governer just to let you guysw know

Actually there is not a govener on the mp3. After installing a custom cold air intake I hit 132mph with about a grand left before I red lined. It just ran out of power and the road too hilly. I asure you with a better exhaust and headers my mp3 will hit at least 140mph.

it is fun to go fast in out little hot rods. have have hit 135 MPH.. this was going down a hill though.. i think power wise we are still short a few ponys to hit the bottom of the speedo .. but what the heck find a good down hill streach of the interstate and "raise H#ll"

I've had mine to 127mph, when racing a honda civic ex with NOS, he sucked on top end, it was like I was only going 60mph, the car was handling very well

Originally posted by Coolhand:
<STRONG>I-75... good long stretch, but it wasn't that open, I was doing some lane changing too.</STRONG>

You should not be allowed to drive any car you piece of s***. I hope to God when you do wreck that you do not hurt anyone else.

You might feel like king of the freeway at your pathetic 120 mph but try and make a defencive manover that fast. A professional could and you cannot so slow the **** down!

Back