exahust

freekwonder

Contributor
:
Datsun 510/Nissan Frontier
i talked to my brother today he has a friend that works for Magnaflow.. he told me that they have a cat back system for the MP3 now. muffler and everything. if its true im going to get it. but im going to cut it and keep using my racing beat muffler, just add the new pipe.

------------------
"They say I'm crazy but I'm just having fun"
View

More pics at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1408731

well, it would be better not to spend all the money in a new system, and only request the pipe from the guys at racing beat, they did that for the miata (sell the pipes only), so, i guess that with good request we can get that.

Thats cool i hope they do it.

I know their full system for the Protege is 495$ US ... Wonder how much it would be without tip/muffler.

Anybody thought of a turbo yet?
How much can you guys get it for in the States/QC?

Well, I e-mailed Racing Beat to ask if they would sell their mid pipe for the Protege5 for our MP3...one problem...

The MP3 Racing Beat muffler uses an OEM Mazda flange to connect to the stock Mazda midpipe. The Racing Beat Protege5 midpipe will have a non-OEM flange (because it would bolt onto a Racing Beat non-OEM flange muffler on the Protege5 application), and so will not bolt on to the MP3 muffler directly. Bummer!!

Just to make sure of something I read somewhere else, I also asked if the Protege5 cat-back will fit our MP3's...but no cigar. The tip of the Pro5 exhaust is angled differently than the MP3 exhaust and so would not clear the rear bumper lip correctly.

I just wanted to keep the current muffler (coz it's not too loud) and expand the mid-pipe! Didn't think it would be so difficult to find the parts! Any other options anyone can think of?

Hey,

If you want an exhaust, it'll be way cheaper to go to a pipe shop and have them custom make a cat-back for you. Mandrel bent and all shouldn't cost you more than $300, installed. Way cheaper than one made from a company, plus you can keep your MP3 muffler. Just a thought.

Back