MP3 Vs. VW Jetta (1999 - Present)

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Tonight on the way to work, I was headed east on I30 right before Hampton Rd. in Dallas. I looked up in my rear view, and noticed a set of headlights approaching my bumper. Whoever it was was tailgating my ass, and then zoomed past. They got up the road a good 500 ft., and then I dropped it into 4th. I caught up to them, but had a hard time passing, but slowly i did. I got out about 3 car lengths ahead, and they started closing agian. I stayed about a car length ahead. Looking down, I was at 120 MPH! The Jetta stayed right there behind, and kept trying to catch up. My Speedo now read 130 MPH(downhill)!! A couple of turns came up, and that's when I really left them (tight handling. Yea!), although I had to slow to about 115. Up the road I slowed, and the Jetta caught up. We exchange nods, and go on our way. I beleive that damn MHP CAI kicks ass on topend!

Good race on smoking a Jetta props to u. I raced a Jetta Vr6 on the way to antioch by san fransisco going to a bowling tournament anyways i was in my 94 protege Lx it was me,my dad, my dad's friend, our three own bowling balls, and lugguage in the trunk i notice a car flew by when going 90mph i caught up to him at 118mph on his A** passed him as i did it was a car load of passengers and he gave me the thumps up i just smiled and hit 125mph left him behind slowed back down he slowly passes me and gave me the thumps up again as i just smile at them. But the two passengers in the back took off there hats and just look at my car like the impression saying wow.

YES they are crap . I work at volkswgn all i ever see is them being worked on almost sounds like a harley.Work on them 6 days to ride it on the 7th day.

Sorry,...but if you beat a VR6,...he wasn't even trying. A Jetta VR6 will b**** slap a MP3.

The new 1.8T is rated at 180hp. From other forums that I have read, the 163 VW rating that has been on the past couple has been underrated in an attempt to make their low end Audi TT look better w/ it's 185hp rating. After all, why pay 35k when you could get just as powerful of a motor for 21k??

Sorry bro i b**** slap the vr6 with my 94 Protege LX not my Mp3 if people could read these days maybe you might understand somethings and not put words in otherpeoples things. I think u guys just like to start something or whatever, cause whenever someone posts something you like to jump in the koolaid see what going on saying something and don't know the flavor when you haven't even tasted it yet. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tritonheat1:
<STRONG>Sorry bro i b**** slap the vr6 with my 94 Protege LX not my Mp3 if people could read these days maybe you might understand somethings and not put words in otherpeoples things. I think u guys just like to start something or whatever, cause whenever someone posts something you like to jump in the koolaid see what going on saying something and don't know the flavor when you haven't even tasted it yet. :rolleyes:</STRONG>

HA! Dude, What the HELL are you talking about?

I do not want to s*** talk here but I dont know what the hell you got in your protege lx to whooop a vr6?!!? The vr6 is a very quick and torquey car my wife owned one a 2001 jetta vr6 and that thing will spank pretty much MOST (not all) 4 cyl jap cars that dont have a vtec badge on it, so unless your sprayin that protege or have about 4000 dollars worth of internal engine mods is the only way I could see you spankin a vr6. Hell I know my MP3 probably on a 50 shot of nos would have a hard time spankin a vr6.

Ok, that's pathetic if the MP3 has a hard time having trouble against a vr6 i know your just using that for an example, but still the vr6 aint no dodge viper or chevy corvette to be having trouble against with Nos. Read my post i had me, my dad, my dad's friend, our bowling balls, and luggage. I was scwooshed in the back seat and my paps was driving. We were crusing 90mph and the jetta vr6 flew by. And my dad was think about passing him but they had a car load of people to so we zoomed by them and they gave us the thumbs up as reaching 125mph we let off and as they pass again they gave the thumbs up again like saying **** u and good job but the two passengers in the vr6 in the back seat as i saw took off there hats and was impressed with the look on there face saying wow. I know for the fact that a jetta is fast but it was stock. And if u have trouble beating a vr6 with nos i think u r just better off not racing at all if you can't win.

Damn,

What the phuck did I start?! :mad:

I will say that the one I smoked was not a VR6 (I don't think). I know no one said this, but I thought that I would la that fact out there to avoid getting in a flamewar. Hey all, let's try to post on a positive tip if possible.

what the hell do you have in your car triton...i think all of us need to see a list of mods. i'm sorry, but catching up to someone doesnt mean your car is faster than theirs. especially a vr6...if you've driven one before, you'd know the acceleration on those things is ******* badass...the MP3 cant compare in that department. just because you caught up to a vr6, simply means the driver wasn't trying.

Seriously, Triton, let's hear it. I'd just love to know.

Also, Triton, your story about the VR6.. maybe he didn't feel like going as balls-out fast as you were, especially with passengers in the car. Maybe some of them didn't want him to go that fast. Maybe the people were gawking at you wondering why you were so amazingly stupid speeding like that. You never know.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: mp3girly ]

Hey bro, Mp3girly i'm gonna drop the subject off the vr6 now cause you are the one getting really on my nerves and i can't stand the way you like to start a flamewar. I'm not even gonna go on with my 94 Protege lx i allready listed mods in the rsx type-s forum and Had enough with selfish comments. Your like a baby asking questions when they allready have been told not once, not twice, but three times or more. So if it takes that many times for u to get a clue then it will take years for u to get a I.Q. above a cabage. Enjoy your Mp3 With nos having trouble against a Base Metro. Don't get your panies in a twist.

A Celica with passengers is flying past you over 110+mph all of the sudden u past him and he give's u the thumbs up. Yeah ok. hmmmm.....he wasn't even try to go fast at all but going over 100++++++++mph he was just cruising at that speed cause they two passengers in the back didn't wanna piss in there pants.

Rolling on the ground lmao :eek:

well i've had enough of your bullshitting triton...with the mods you've listed, your 94 pro still wouldn't be able to smoke a vr6, an si, or an itr. so i've come to a simple conclusion, and that is that you're full of s***. i'd hate to resort to that kind of thing but when you make a half-assed attempt to sound intelligent, insulting everyone on this board that disagrees with you, i can't help it. your skewed, distorted image of what a fast car or a race is embarrasses all of us who are into the sport of performance cars.

yes, i do believe triton has a right to state his opinion about things. but there is opinion, and there is fact, and triton's attitude to those who oppose his views only further prove his lack of understanding of fact, opinion and cars.

my .02

i'm sorry kepo yeah you're right i can't smoke a vr6 cause the vr6 is faster than a dodge viper............rolling on the ground lmao :eek: I think u take everything for what it's worth bro. take a chill pill and relax man. :D

all of a sudden you've gone from driving a 94 pro to a dodge viper? what the hell is going on here. and yes, with a turbo, i WILL smoke a vr6. i'm just gonna start ignoring your posts, cause this flamewar is ******* ridiculous. i feel like i'm in 3rd grade spouting off pee-wee herman quotes

Back