Did someone hit me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is a size limit, I think it's something like 2.5 MB? I usually just resize in MS Paint or Photoshop if they won't upload.

That does look like a minor scuff, maybe from a shopping cart. Looks too small to be from a car, though that is possible as well. If the plastic portion was ceramic coated as well, I'd talk to the person who applied it to see if there's anything you can do. If they can't suggest anything, you may just have to live with it. You could also try to hide it with a trim restorer like Mother's Back to Black or something like that. I had something similar, and I was told by many that it would be impossible to remove.

DG_1234, yep, seriously.

Sig Cx-5, yes it is on the rear lower black plastic trim at the angled area. It sticks out because its a ~1" white spot contrasted with the black trim. It's harder to see in the photos than in person.

Thanks for the help, sm1ke. I have been pretty careful in where I would park the car, too. I have been having bad luck with this vehicle.
I'll check with my detailer and see if he can help out.

When our CX-5 was brand new, my wife was trying to park it in the garage and drove it in too far, that the brakes on my bike scraped the hood of the car. It left a very noticeable mark on it. It is still there as I haven't had it fixed. I just now look at it as a fond memory of what happened. Similarly, my Speed3 had been relatively scratch free, until I drove it to Galveston, TX for a valentine's day weekend with the wife. While trying to get out of the parking lot, with no other cars around, I managed to scrape the rear fender on a parking lot column. I was annoyed at myself then, but now look at it and laugh at myself.

All I'm trying to say is, your car will get scratched eventually, no matter how careful we think we are trying to be. It's fine. Don't stress yourself too much because of it.

All I'm trying to say is, your car will get scratched eventually, no matter how careful we think we are trying to be. It's fine. Don't stress yourself too much because of it.

This is true, but it's also okay to feel some type of way about it, especially when it concerns a brand new vehicle that's been ceramic coated. People only apply a ceramic coating to their vehicle because they want to protect the vehicle and keep it looking as new as possible. If I made a big purchase, then spent another chunk of money on protecting that purchase, you can bet that I'd be pissed if it got damaged so soon after taking ownership. s*** happens, its true, but its also okay to be disappointed when s*** happens.

Seriously.

Sage advice. I look forward to my first ding so I can stop worrying about dings. :D

(iagree) Words to live by!

Hard words to live by :)

I don't even know what or who caused it. It's just that if someone hit my car deliberately on or accident and did not own up to it, that is what makes it such a big deal. Just a little bit of responsibility goes a long way.

If I did it to myself, it wouldn't be a big deal. I already made the mistake of not immediately putting a clear bra/ppf on the front after purchasing the vehicle. I have small rock chips on the front of the vehicle.

You are really overreacting about that tiny little mark wait until you get your first ding or scratch lol

I got over stuff like that. I distinctly remember the day....

I had to change the oil in my CX5 back in like 2014. My wife was so annoyed with me at the time. Fine, go do your chores!.

I go to drive my CX5 up my Rhino Ramps on my own (because I was too proud to ask her to spot me after arguing over the necessity of doing it on a Saturday morning). Im so distracted trying to go straight up them that I forget to use the parking brake to make a gentle ascent. Im going up and as I start to apply the gas, I hear a screech as the plastic ramps shot out from under the car across the slick cement floor. The car went over the ramps, took a nice bounce, and by the time I hit the brakes it was too late to avoid hitting my ride on mower a few feet ahead in the garage. I backed the car up, looked at the front bumper, and that little plastic cover where a fog light should go was marred pretty good by the lawnmower wheel.

I didnt tell my wife for probably 2 years until she noticed it when helping me wash the car.

Knowing that, I smiled when she backed the Odyssey into our kid bike trailer and put a nice ding in the rear hatch :D

it could be a small bump or it could be residue from a detailing product. Mostly its a wax or some compound that should have been cleaned up. thank God that Bumper trim isn't too expensive to replace.

Just got back from the detailer.

He used some solvent and microfiber and buffed most of the "scuff" out. It's pretty much gone. He didn't tell me what solvent he used though. :p

Probably something way stronger than the APC I tried earlier.

Your car is gonna get hit eventually, and if you are worried about that, you're gonna need therapy when someone does this and drives away-

IMG_20180719_163603670_HDR-2672x2004.jpg

Yeah, that happened to my Outback while it was parked. s*** happens, everything can be fixed. It's not gonna be new forever.

I still park at the end of the lot, but sort of anticipate when the need to do that is gone and I have to find another way to get my exercise.

Your car is gonna get hit eventually, and if you are worried about that, you're gonna need therapy when someone does this and drives away-

View attachment 220652

Yeah, that happened to my Outback while it was parked. s*** happens, everything can be fixed. It's not gonna be new forever.

That is just so common. How can anyone do that? I would wait for the person to return, or at least leave a note.

*sigh*

Lol, I find it funny that people are handing out philosophical life lessons and "sage advice" to someone who simply asked for help identifying a mark so they could clean/repair it.

Lol, I find it funny that people are handing out philosophical life lessons and "sage advice" to someone who simply asked for help identifying a mark so they could clean/repair it.

Welcome to the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back