Help with dash/gauge lights.

mox44ah

:
2018 CX-5 GT
Anyone know how to dial in a lighting in the dash and gauges? I've read the manual and adjusted it multiple ways but to know avail. What's happening when I drive is the gauges are constantly adjusting. I drive under a bridge and they go bright and then back to dull. I drive under a tree and they flash dull and then back to bright. It's like I have a strobe light blinking in my face and it's really distracting while driving. I'm probably overlooking something incredibly simple but I'm stumped.

I tried that too. It says it's supposed to beep once you turn it all the way to the right but mine does not beep. Maybe there's something wrong with the stalk.

It might be related to the sensor to turn on and off the headlights? Do you have the headlights set to auto? When the headlights turn on, the interior lights dim because it detects it is dark outside. If so try turning them off and then drive through an area where the dash lights flicker. If the headlights don*t turn on automatically, then the interior lights shouldn*t dim either. Maybe the light sensor is being partially obscured so it thinks it*s dark when it really isn*t. I*m not sure where that sensor is.

however if the dial by the speedometer is rotated fully clockwise (brightest position) turning the headlights off or on has no effect on the display.

It might be related to the sensor to turn on and off the headlights? Do you have the headlights set to auto? When the headlights turn on, the interior lights dim because it detects it is dark outside. If so try turning them off and then drive through an area where the dash lights flicker. If the headlights don*t turn on automatically, then the interior lights shouldn*t dim either. Maybe the light sensor is being partially obscured so it thinks it*s dark when it really isn*t. I*m not sure where that sensor is.

Back