2018 CX-5 Window Tinting

:
2018 CX5 GT AWD, 2002 Miata
Hi all,

I'd like to tint all my windows, but reading the forums, it appears this factory tint the car came with does not come off?

With that said, has anyone tinted the front windows of their '18 CX-5 with success? Were you able to get it to match the backseat windows? If so, what % was used?

Any pictures? :)

I had my fronts tinted. Simply told the shop to match the rears, which they did perfectly. Sorry, don't recall the %, but any qualified shop will be able to do it.

I had my fronts tinted. Simply told the shop to match the rears, which they did perfectly. Sorry, don't recall the %, but any qualified shop will be able to do it.
Interesting. I thought the rear window was tinted darker than the rear passenger windows?

the rear windows have lightly shaded privacy glass, not a tint film
Ah, so no UV protection or anything? I wish I could've got the car without anything. My insurance deductible is only $100..anyone care to break all my windows? (boom04)

i got an appointment on Tuesday for tint. I'm going to have them tint all 5 windows, front and passenger, 2nd row windows and the back hatch. plus the little small shrimpy windows.

I will probably go 35% all the way around. this will make the front 2 legal and the rest will be dark with the privacy glass + 35% combo.

I just had my front windows tinted at 35% (legal limit in MO). If I knew how to post pics, I could show you how it turned out. Anyway, the 35% is lighter than the rear windows.

Hi,

I actually just tinted the front windows of my 2018 CX-5. I asked the place to match the back windows and they did a great job. I'm not sure what the % is (I tried to ask but I didn't really get a straight answer - also, there was a bit of a language barrier). I've attached some pictures.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_673.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_673.jpeg
    715.3 KB · Views: 420
  • fullsizeoutput_674.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_674.jpeg
    756.7 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Hi,

I actually just tinted the front windows of my 2018 CX-5. I asked the place to match the back windows and they did a great job. I'm not sure what the % is (I tried to ask but I didn't really get a straight answer - also, there was a bit of a language barrier). I've attached some pictures.

Comparing my 35% to your pictures, it looks like your are either 20% or 25%, so they match the rear windows. They look great.

Hi,

That looks great. I didn't realize Mazda has different grades of tint/color on their cars. My brand new CX-5 is at minimum 35%, probably higher. Your tint looks like 20-25%. Kind of frustrating that mine are so light and to tint it to where I want it will likely take replacing all the windows.

I just had my front windows tinted at 35% (legal limit in MO). If I knew how to post pics, I could show you how it turned out. Anyway, the 35% is lighter than the rear windows.

When you hit reply, look for the 'Go Advanced' tab right next to where you hit the button to post your reply. In the 'Go Advanced' tab, you can hit 'Manage Attachments' and upload pictures. Would be great to see!

I just got my two front windows tinted to match the back windows. I'm unsure why there's such a difference but I'm glad that they all match now.

If you search my username you will see my build thread. I had the fronts matched with 3m ceramic at 18% to match the rear. Pretty close and i only see the difference when i am in the car looking sideways. The factory dies look slightly different in hue when looking out, but when you look at the car it looks the same.

I do not have pictures on this computer i would just repost for you.

Back