Great Mileage Tonight After a Fillup

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
This evening, immediately after filling up, I drove down the commuter highway to my condo. I had some very impressive gas consumption. I got 6.7 litres per 100 km. That's 42.2 mpg in the old Imperial system or for the neighbours down South, 35.1 miles per US gallon.

I was able to maintain a speed of 100 kmh (60 mph) for the most part of the journey. The highway part scored 6.3 litres per 100 km, with the increase to 6.7 litres as I pulled off onto the offramp and drove over to the condo.

So as has been stated so many times by others - you mileage will vary - it's very dependent on the driving conditions.

Yes that’s very good. The 55-60 mph area is good for fuel economy. I find that if I travel 70 mph on the rural freeway here the mileage takes a hit.

37.4 USA. My 20k mile moly oil change is due next weekend. Its a good time to hit 40 mpg. 32 or 47 mph is best!

Just out of curiosity, what are the rpm's at with the CX-5 at 60 mph? How about at 70?

On my drive to Florida in my 6, according to the info display, I averaged 37.2 mpg's on the interstates, at about 70-75 mph, depending on traffic conditions.
The revs at that speed are at +- 2,000.

Just out of curiosity, what are the rpm's at with the CX-5 at 60 mph? How about at 70?

On my drive to Florida in my 6, according to the info display, I averaged 37.2 mpg's on the interstates, at about 70-75 mph, depending on traffic conditions.
The revs at that speed are at +- 2,000.

From memory watching videos online, 60mph sits around just under 2000rpm (1800-1950ish)

I would go off of the fill up calculations. The trip computer reset can be deceiving at times. Once I showed 42mpg from a trip computer. Reality at fill up showed 31mpg

Do you guys use the mpg app as part of the Mazda connect? I set it to display when I turn my car off as I find it pretty accurate

For 6 months I tracked every fillup on an app on my phone. It was within .1 mpg of the Mazda app.

For 6 months I tracked every fillup on an app on my phone. It was within .1 mpg of the Mazda app.

I track every fill up on fuelly and in general, my results are similar. The one important things I find is that you can't calculate a single fill up but rather need two or three to get a more accurate reading.

It is hard to tally fillup with ondash unless you measure a container and then pour it in your car. My real world has been an mpg higher than in dash. Thats 1 mpg to 1.5 mpg. Until you get a container fill it and then fill your car the at pump number is meaningless.

Not many people are going to do that. Most will go off by what the vehicle display(s) state

Back