2014 CX-5 Touring Service Needs?

agaurav

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Fwd Touring
I have 56K miles on my 5-year old (2014) CX-5 Touring model. I have only ever done oil changes and tire changes. No other maintenance or repairs required or done. I know I should have but both lazy and cheap (perhaps)? I don't like going to the dealer usually and find it hard to find a good mechanic. I will be getting the income tax return soon and will put that towards the car maintenance.

Questions:
- What should I get done now?
- Any recommendations for good mechanics (or how to locate them) in the Bay Area (near San Jose, CA)?

Thanks!

I would look at the service schedule in the owners manual and do the stuff that hasn’t been done. Probably not a lot as it’s mostly inspections. The one thing that probably isn’t in there I would do is change the brake fluid. You generally want to do this every 2-3 years regardless of miles. Check the Mazda service guide for the same car in Europe and I bet it’s in there!

I would have a full inspection done (especially brakes). I would change the oil/filter, tranny fluid, diff fluid, transfer, brake fluid, air filter and cabin filter (do that yourself).

Thanks much. Would you spend the extra money to go to a dealer? Avoids the hassle of finding a good trustworthy mechanic, right? I did change the oil/filter, engine air filter and cabin filter recently (the last two myself as it took less than 5 minutes).

Thanks much. Would you spend the extra money to go to a dealer? Avoids the hassle of finding a good trustworthy mechanic, right? I did change the oil/filter, engine air filter and cabin filter recently (the last two myself as it took less than 5 minutes).

You might be able to find an independent shop but you have to make sure they use the correct fluids. For me, I'd just take it to the dealer even if it's more expensive to be sure.
The dealer may not want to change the trans fluid since you have less than 60k but I would insist since you're close.

You have many Mazda dealers to choose from in your area... With todays modern cars it can be extremely hard to find a trustworthy private mechanic that has access to all of the TSB's, recalls, software updates, and daily repair experience that you would find at a dealer.

You have many Mazda dealers to choose from in your area... With todays modern cars it can be extremely hard to find a trustworthy private mechanic that has access to all of the TSB's, recalls, software updates, and daily repair experience that you would find at a dealer.

This is the main reason I stick with the dealer.

I would do brakes and oil change. I don't think much else is needed till 75k.

Before you go to a dealer, go to mymazda.com and log in (or sign up), update your car info and select your preferred dealer. Then check to see what service coupons they have. May save you some bucks. The coupons from my dealer vary and change quarterly. Since it seems you have multiple dealers in your area, change the preferred dealer once or twice to see if the coupons change.

Back