2017 CX-5 Thermal Camera Pics

joe6864

Contributor
:
2017 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg
Had a fun toy to play around with today and figured people might be curious as to how the heated seats, steering wheel, and wipers look. Enjoy!

Front seat
QYdzpZG.jpg

Steering wheel
oQC4A3Q.jpg

Rear seat
sr0VMgc.jpg

Wiper
a5OPqix.jpg

The wipers are heated as well?

Ok then, I'm going to presume the 6 has the same feature.
I just got back from Florida, and will be taking delivery of my new 6 next week.
How do you activate the heated steering wheel and wipers?
Thanks.

The heated steering wheel button is next to the drivers heated seat button. As for the wipers, it was explained to me that at startup, if the temp is low enough they automatically heat up. I’ll check the manual to make sure.

Just checked. Pages 4.62 and .63. The front windshield deicer works off of the rear window defroster. The heated mirrors also activate. The glass heats up, not the wipers themselves.

Just checked. Pages 4.62 and .63. The front windshield deicer works off of the rear window defroster. The heated mirrors also activate. The glass heats up, not the wipers themselves.

That means the de-icer is warming up the wipers

Glad you guys liked them! I've got the camera for a couple more days so if there's anything specific you want to see just ask!

All features should be available in all markets :)

No kidding.
Going off topic a bit, but I don't understand the logic behind changing the vehicle options/layout from country to country.
I would think it would be more expensive to manufacture slightly different vehicles for each country, as opposed to just building them the same everywhere.
Even the Canadian and American models are slightly different. I don't get it. Why bother?

Blame marketing boffins

Maybe they need to have a thermal camera shined upon them to see if there is anything there besides radiating heat! (rofl)

Back