Goodbye CX5

:
2014 QX70 AWD
Hello QX70. It was a sad day 6 weeks ago, when I traded in my CX5. I really wanted to love it, having bought it new and all, but too many trips back to the dealer for issues simply wore out my patience.

I've been eyeing the QX for a while, and although its a bit long in the tooth, I've always found them interesting despite not really being a fan of Nissan. The rear-biased 325 HP drive-train is a nice upgrade from the CX5's 2.5L 4cyl. I'm not a big fan of chrome bits, but I'm finding it to be a modest trade-off on the new ride. Here's a pic from tonight after a quick wash.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That's the model I really wanted! Congrats!

The problem I had was that the cabin is so much smaller. Can't handle the headroom in it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

That photo sucks, sorry to say.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hope you enjoy the new ride. I can definitely see some styling cues shared between the CX-5 and QX70.

Dammit man,gonna miss you around here...But hey,I might be right behind ya...

Enjoy the new ride,and may it treat you well,sir...

Well that is a very nice upgrade! Congratulations! Did you get a preowned or a new one?

I got to check the QX70 out at the dealer and I liked it a lot, but alas the low MPG and the $46,000 starting price for the base model took it off the list. I just went online and built my own "AWD"+ Sport and Tech package and it was $60,000!! HOLY CRAP!!

Last edited:
Hello QX70. It was a sad day 6 weeks ago, when I traded in my CX5. I really wanted to love it, having bought it new and all, but too many trips back to the dealer for issues simply wore out my patience.
No wonder we haven't been seeing you posting here recently. QX70 is definitely an nice upgrade but you'll miss the gas mileage of our CX-5 though. ;)

Although most people here praise the quality and reliability of Mazda, but several friends of mine swear they'd never get another Mazda after owned one or two. They all were impressed with the innovation from Mazda and bought one, but were getting frustrated by unexpected problems and got rid of it just like you.

Hope you'll enjoy your new QX70 and please visit us from time to time!

No wonder we haven't been seeing you posting here recently. QX70 is definitely an nice upgrade but you'll miss the gas mileage of our CX-5 though. ;)

Although most people here praise the quality and reliability of Mazda, but several friends of mine swear they'd never get another Mazda after owned one or two. They all were impressed with the innovation from Mazda and bought one, but were getting frustrated by unexpected problems and got rid of it just like you.

Hope you'll enjoy your new QX70 and please visit us from time to time!

Yeah Mazda definitely has nailed down the "presence of quality" but in some areas you definitely learn it actually lacks quality materials. It can be said for many car makers though. The problem is without stepping up into luxury brands, and sticking with CUV genre, all the other options at there are still so boring and ugly looking. The new Tucson is the closest imo to competing with the CX5 but it just lacks space and still can't match the CX5 in driving.

But the QX70 will be a nice upgrade! One thing I noticed though, cargo volume of 25 cu ft. Yikesss.

GL banjos n beer. I am so far happy with my car(if i didn't get bose and moonroof that would be perfect). Even in 2017 no cars including Tucson comes close to mpg with the driving I do. Happy that I didn't go with GT.
Cost of servicing and owning it after 60k miles are two important considerations. Compared to a Rav4, cx5 is possibly 30% more expensive during oil changes. Maybe that's the naked hungry way Mazda dealerships behave in DFW.
Enjoy the new car.

Its a 2014. Got a pretty good deal on it, and it even came with a 2nd set of 20"s with mostly new snow tires mounted. I got 22.75 miles per gallon on a trip down to Boston, and that included idling for an hour for a accident. Averaged 20.25 on my last tank of every day use. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't have any major issues. But I'll still hang around here a bit... haven't joined an Infiniti forum yet. Oh yeah, I only got $21,500 in trade. I was shooting for $22k.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Its a 2014. Got a pretty good deal on it, and it even came with a 2nd set of 20"s with mostly new snow tires mounted. I got 22.75 miles per gallon on a trip down to Boston, and that included idling for an hour for a accident. Averaged 20.25 on my last tank of every day use. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't have any major issues. But I'll still hang around here a bit... haven't joined an Infiniti forum yet. Oh yeah, I only got $21,500 in trade. I was shooting for $22k.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks very nice! I would be happy with 22mpg and that much power! (friday)

Good luck with the new ride. Hope you have better luck with Nissan then I did.
Owned 4 and they were all nice but they have a habit of "nickel and dimeing" you to death.

Sorry to hear you had so many problems with your CX-5 banjo. Mine has only seen the dealer for free oil changes. So it's disappointing to hear others like you having enough issues to get rid of it.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the new ride and hope to still see you here from time to time.

Don't like the chrome, but otherwise looks nice! Good luck with it! And you got $21,500 in trade? Hell, that not bad at all. I thought resale sucked on these? I'd happily take 21,5 for mine in 3 years.

Those are tight, I actually was looking at an older one myself before I traded my 2013 for a 2015.. There are some good mods for them too. Super chargers and kits. You can get an ECU tune for 90+hp on that thing no kidding.
Really good platform and the q70s have aged well.
wide2.jpg

wide1.jpg

Back