Bye Bye CX-5

:
2023 CX5 Turbo
Two days ago a car decided to turn in front of us while we were traveling about 45 mph. I had no time to do anything except get on the brakes for about 15 feet before we collided. The airbags deployed including the side curtain ones. The engine ended getting pushed into the firewall and the back end of the car is now raised. I'm guessing unibody is bent.

The point is the car did exactly what it was supposed to do- protect us. My wife is still banged up but for me other than bruises and being sore at this point I have to say I'm very impressed with the crash survivability of this car. Hopefully, no one else on the forum will have a similar experience but if you do at least you have peace of mind the car will do it's job. IMG_0021.JPGIMG_0029.JPG

Glad to hear that you both made it through relatively unscathed.

OUCH!!! (boom06)

So glad that you are both ok.

Thanks for reporting in with the sad pictures...

Two things I can ask suggest
1. How come your touring came with leather seats.
2. Never settle for the first offer from insurance - Never! and if its the other guys fault (likely) and he is insured make sure you have your medical + loss of pay amounts and make them pay. They will pay for the 6.25% taxes as well for a replacement. For comparables in your area install auto trader or something and find out, since you are remote I bet there will be very few so include Houston dealers as well.
3. If you have any mods / updates or new tires within reasonable time frame (60 days) they will pay for it as well after totalling the car.

Good to know you are safe. Good luck and oh yeah do total the car - you dont want to get into alignment / ride issues.

Oh no!! So glad you both are ok. Also super nice to know how well the CX5 held up, sad to see it all banged up like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad everyone is ok. If you have access to the car I'd be possibly interested in buying the ecu.

Thanks everyone. It was 100% the other parties fault as they made a left hand turn in front of us. Our insurance called me and said they are totaling out the car. The frame rails in back and even above the rear doors were bent. The car absolutely did it's job though.

We have leather seats and a homelink mirror because I had those installed on the car. We'll see how everything goes with the their insurance and the medical bills. I'm sure the ride in the ambulance the time in the hospital for both of us won't be cheap.

Glad you're alright. How were your knees? I've sometimes wondered if the dash is a bit close to them.

Latest posts

Back