For Those Critical of Mazda's QC

:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
Just had the opportunity to drive a 2016 Ford Explorer ($50k vehicle). I lost acceleration power while climbing a grade on a highway. Almost caused me to crash. Dash lit up and check engine light came on. Pulled of and restarted the vehicle. Seemed OK but then it did it 2 more times. Lost engine power on the highway and had to coast into the emergency lane.

Went to the Ford dealership and they said hundreds of thousands of vehicles have the problem. It's a defective throttle body and Ford doesn't have enough new throttle bodies available. Once they do, they will issue a recall. The TB's are defective and go out within a few thousand miles. Once they fail the engine/ECM goes into limp mode and the pedal is non responsive.

This defective TB is dangerous and can get someone killed, especially since you lose power when turning, passing, or needing to get out of the way.

So every vehicle is susceptible to defects and this $50k vehicle and its defect is dangerous. So while Mazda has the fuel neck recall, it's minor compared to what Ford and others are experiencing.

Once one of my colustomers in a new explorer sporttrac blew the radiator hose off and returned on limp mode within 5 miles of buying the new vehicle.

Totally lame on the tb though!

Just had the opportunity to drive a 2016 Ford Explorer ($50k vehicle). I lost acceleration power while climbing a grade on a highway. Almost caused me to crash. Dash lit up and check engine light came on. Pulled of and restarted the vehicle. Seemed OK but then it did it 2 more times. Lost engine power on the highway and had to coast into the emergency lane.

Went to the Ford dealership and they said hundreds of thousands of vehicles have the problem. It's a defective throttle body and Ford doesn't have enough new throttle bodies available. Once they do, they will issue a recall. The TB's are defective and go out within a few thousand miles. Once they fail the engine/ECM goes into limp mode and the pedal is non responsive.

This defective TB is dangerous and can get someone killed, especially since you lose power when turning, passing, or needing to get out of the way.

So every vehicle is susceptible to defects and this $50k vehicle and its defect is dangerous. So while Mazda has the fuel neck recall, it's minor compared to what Ford and others are experiencing.

What is your point? I have an '06 Escape with 219,000 miles (never a recall or dealer visit). My 2016 CX-5 has had TWO recalls (which will require time off work to deal with).
The recall letters from Mazda indicate both of recalls are safety-related.

Why do you feel you have to show fault with other vehicles? The Chevy Colorado thing didn't add value to this forum either. Why not do something beneficial?

My 2016 CX-5 has had TWO recalls (which will require time off work to deal with).
Would you mind to tell us what is the second recall for 2016 CX-5? I'd only received one recall notice which is the fuel filler pipe recall.

Ford Motor Co. has issued the 16th recall on the Escape crossover since its redesign three years ago. Mazda has had one. There was another TSB for a radio fix, which is a little different than losing power on an Interstate.

What is your point? I have an '06 Escape with 219,000 miles (never a recall or dealer visit). My 2016 CX-5 has had TWO recalls (which will require time off work to deal with).

Why do you feel you have to show fault with other vehicles? The Chevy Colorado thing didn't add value to this forum either. Why not do something beneficial?

The OP (no offense) is a fanboy and gets defensive when people criticize Mazda.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. What's the point...

Get your facts straight, there has only been one recall. Minor in comparison to the throttle body problem. I've owned two Fords and that was two too many.

That is why I don't buy GM or ford car, even many people disagree with me. I only buy Japan or German car.

That is why I don't buy GM or ford car, even many people disagree with me. I only buy Japan or German car.

Are you European by any chance?

Having been a mechanic in Europe for many years, my opinion is that German cars are nothing special in terms of reliability. They can be very expensive to repair and over complicated - partly why I am in no hurry to see German features on Japanese cars.

The point of the thread is that ANY and EVERY car manufacturer has recall issues. New parts/vehicles have growing pains and anything can happen. Outsourced parts are unpredictable.

I am NOT a "fanboy" as Mazda is not perfect as is no car manufacturer. I would rather deal with Mazda's recalls because they won't leave you on the side of the road or killed because you lose all power to your vehicle. Plus Ford knows the TB is a huge problem but won't recall them until they get manufacturing to produce hundreds of thousands of new throttle bodies.

What a drama queen. The recent thread claimed you will have to pay $2000 if you don't change your rear axle oil early and now you will be killed if your car loses power.

When was the last Ford owner killed by their car losing power?

Get your facts straight, there has only been one recall. Minor in comparison to the throttle body problem. I've owned two Fords and that was two too many.

Get your facts straight! I have TWO recalls, the fuel filler neck and the emissions one Chris posted here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...kyactive-2-p0op-Emission-recall-(ECU-reflash)

The emissions recall, per Mazda, can cause cold-weather stalling. And my 2006 Escape has zero recalls, I just ran the VIN again.

Would you mind to tell us what is the second recall for 2016 CX-5? I'd only received one recall notice which is the fuel filler pipe recall.

My other recall is for the 2.0L, which most of you don't have. Nevertheless, it is two for me.

The point of the thread is that ANY and EVERY car manufacturer has recall issues. New parts/vehicles have growing pains and anything can happen. Outsourced parts are unpredictable.

There is no point, it doesn’t add value. You trashed a fellow forum member's Colorado for no valid reason when he was moving on. Then you started this silly, meaningless thread for no reason.
I am only checking your imbalance with facts.

Are you European by any chance?

Having been a mechanic in Europe for many years, my opinion is that German cars are nothing special in terms of reliability. They can be very expensive to repair and over complicated - partly why I am in no hurry to see German features on Japanese cars.

Nah, I am Asian. I think German car are expensive because their brand recognition is very good, and yes they add lots unnecessary things to make the car the way they think it will be more intelligent. I think Lexus better than BMW or Mercedes when it comes to reliability, but BMW and Mercedes or Audi really has something Lexus can't have.

... Having been a mechanic in Europe for many years, my opinion is that German cars are nothing special in terms of reliability. They can be very expensive to repair and over complicated - partly why I am in no hurry to see German features on Japanese cars.
I agree. I also noticed lots of plastic and rubber parts from German vehicles are subject to degrade at certain point but the same plastic and rubber parts would keep up very well from Japanese vehicles. I heard one theory that Germen use degradable plastic and rubber for environmental reason, hence the life cycle for these parts is shorter.

There is no point, it doesnt add value. You trashed a fellow forum member's Colorado for no valid reason when he was moving on. Then you started this silly, meaningless thread for no reason.
I am only checking your imbalance with facts.

he%27s+right+you+know.jpg

What a drama queen. The recent thread claimed you will have to pay $2000 if you don't change your rear axle oil early and now you will be killed if your car loses power.

When was the last Ford owner killed by their car losing power?

The only drama is being created by you. With the Mazda axle oil, It's called PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE. Look it up.

Losing engine power while doing 70MPH on the highway with semis all around and climbing a 6% mountain grade is deadly.

And my 2006 Escape has zero recalls, I just ran the VIN again.

Hello McFly? This issue has been dating back to 2005 and Ford refuses to issue a recall. The 2016 Explorer is having the same problem the 2005 had and Ford is putting its head into the sand. No recall even though there is a serious problem.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2005-2012-ford-escape-under-nhtsa-investigation-throttle-issues

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Escape/2011/engine/complete_loss_of_throttle_response.shtml

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2016/engine/wrench_light_on.shtml

Last edited:
Back