Strange door build date ?

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
Didn't know about the door having a build date. Checked today. I bought the car on 9th. Nov. 2015 and I know the date as it's a special date for me. Anyways, the build date in the car reads 23 Nov. 2015

Well 2 things are strange about this post. First, unless Mazda has changed their labeling, your door jamb sticker should say "11/15" (no day designation) if it were built in November of last year. Second, if it were in fact built in November in Japan, the earliest you could have purchased it would have been some time in December, considering transit time across the pond.

Well 2 things are strange about this post. First, unless Mazda has changed their labeling, your door jamb sticker should say "11/15" (no day designation) if it were built in November of last year. Second, if it were in fact built in November in Japan, the earliest you could have purchased it would have been some time in December, considering transit time across the pond.

You may be right - let me check again. I don't want to confuse people....

That sounds like some other date or label, maybe related to dealer inventory.

Confirmed... date is 10/15. That date I spoke to the dealer. It was a sticker. They have some internal sell by date.... type of thing.

Back