Key fob placement

DBLXX

:
CX-5
I wish there was a tidy place to insert the fob for holding while in the car. Like a slot to stick it in.

5 month of owning the car....I'm still not keen of just having it in my pocket all the time.

Maybe I can fill that slot to the left of the cup holders with a piece of foam that I can stick the key into.

key-holder-4801-p.jpg

It takes some adjustment to get used to the new keyless systems. But I do not see a reason to remove from your pocket or purse unless it is causing you physical discomfort while in your pocket? Please explain what you are "still not keen" with?

After 27 years of taking a key out of the ignition.....

Fob in the pocket, jeans come off, into the hamper and then the washer.

Hasn't happened yet.....but I just don't like stuff stored in my pockets.

OCD....I know :)

Ok, I understand a bit more now.
However, I sure do not miss the sound of the keys, key rings and key fob banging off the side of the dash and the steering column.
Where did you put your keys before, on all the other cars when they were not in the ignition? Have you washed a lot of key chains before?

Nope, because keys never went into my pocket. They went from the ignition to the hook on the garage wall.

After 27 years of taking a key out of the ignition.....

Fob in the pocket, jeans come off, into the hamper and then the washer.

Hasn't happened yet.....but I just don't like stuff stored in my pockets.

OCD....I know :)

When I first purchased my 2014 Mazda 3, it was my first experience with keyless ignition. One night shortly after purchase, we went out to dinner. Low and behold, I was surprised to notice how warm the inside of my car was when I opened the door after all that time spent in the restaurant in the middle of January in Maine. Little did I realize I had left the damn thing running the entire time! I had thought to myself the beeping sounds emitted from the car were odd when I had stepped away, but I chalked it up to simply inexperience with sounds from the security system. Boy did I feel stupid.

What would be the difference between a holder built into the car as opposed to your pocket?

I wish there was a tidy place to insert the fob for holding while in the car. Like a slot to stick it in.

5 month of owning the car....I'm still not keen of just having it in my pocket all the time.

Now that I think about it, isn't the removable tray in the cubby beneath the armrest designed to hold a wallet and FOB? Here's a pic from a Mazda 3, but I think the tray in the CX5 is nearly the same size despite being oriented in there a bit differently.

ximm

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, isn't the removable tray in the cubby beneath the armrest designed to hold a wallet and FOB? Here's a pic from a Mazda 3, but I think the tray in the CX5 is nearly the same size despite being oriented in there a bit differently.

ximm

This is embarassing to say - I have owned the car for 5 months - not sure I ever looked inside there. I'll check it out.

Thanks

I cut a piece of "sticky pad" to fit the cubby slot on the left of the steering wheel. Holds fob nicely.

Back