Company car - what's a new CX5 worth used?

DBLXX

:
CX-5
I have a Pearl White 2016 GT with Tech - parch interior.

AWD/Auto

Owned it for 6 months with 5,300 on the clock. I have a second set of NEW OEM wheels and tires I purchased for use in the winter months. Car has a few spendy goodies on it.

Xpel Ultimate front end protection
OEM stainless door rail guards
Weathertech in front and Mazda winters in rear and trunk area
Tintes hood protection
Rho plate holder in front
Interior lights changed to LED
10 quarts of Mazda oil
3 filters
2 brand new oil drain plugs (yes, I am OCD - I put in a new one every other oil change.

The car has about 790 coats of wax on it, zero dings, scratches, or blemishes and probably in better condition than showroom. The interior is IMMACULATE !

What should I be asking if I want it gone quickly? It's worth it to take much more of a HIT to get it gone in days/weeks versus months to me.

REASON - Today I was just told I am getting a choice of company cars and I'll probably take delivery in the next 60-90 days.

I welcome your thoughts as to price.....but please keep in mind I am comfortable with a sizable reduction to not have to deal with the typical BS of selling something.

Thanks,
Dave

Have you considered getting a quote from CarMax? I have never used them. but I have heard good things about them. Probably not the most cost effective solution, but certainly the quickest and easiest.

You in a terrible place with that car, most buyers would rather buy new. You going to have to take a beating on this if you want a quick sale. Top dollar to me would be 25,000. I'm sure others might give more. Over that I would just buy new.

$25 wouldn't be too painful. A bit but not that bad.

Mirage, no.

Camery, Altima, Legacy - those are the choices.

hmm, so the choices are:

1- CVT and boring
2- CVT and boring
3- CVT and decent

But when your employer is paying for your ride, beggars can't be choosers.

If only I had not purchased four weeks ago...although, I like the black interior better (kids and light interior just doesn't work).

Why are you in such a hurry to dump it if you're not getting a replacement for 2-3 months?

I'd keep it. If they can spring a company car on you, they can spring it out from under you, and there you are taking a beating for nothing.

I feel lucky that I was given a price range, but otherwise the decision about my company car was completely up to me.

As far as pricing goes, I'd look at the usual suspects (KBB, Edmunds, True Car) and get prices from all of them for your specific model. I'd average those prices and if I really wanted it gone, I'd set my price just below that price-point. At least it's an AWD, that may be a good selling point in the middle of winter in the NW.

Tell your company to purchase your CX5. There's your company car!!

What about your new Corvette?

Last edited:
Back