2016 GT with led fog lights

jjp735i

:
CX-5
I was wondering if they make a replacement bulb in yellow. I hate white fog lights. My thought was Fog lights in white are driving lights and true fog lights are yellow. I've always changed out my standard fogs with yellow bulbs and they cut though rain and snow and fog of course much nicer.

What is the bulb size or number for the led fog lights

Thanks, jjp

Yes, i have been looking in to film covers, but they all seem to change the light pattern and most reviews are poor for color output.

Thanks, jjp

HIR bulbs make for a good solution for fogs. They are brighter than regular halogens and produce a yellower tint. Just not sure how to convert from LEDs to Halogen housing.

I'd go with the Lamin-x yellow film. I used their clear headlights protection film and it allows bright light output with no change in beam pattern. Additionally, you want to apply film to your glass fog lens anyways for protection purposes from pitting or breakage from rocks.

the OEM LED fog lights are likely a sealed unit. the only was to change color would be to replace the unit with an alternate unit, or use a colored film.

the OEM LED fog lights are likely a sealed unit

Correct, from page 6-49 of the 2016 Owners Manual:

Fog lights (With LED headlights)
The LED bulb cannot be replaced as a single unit because it is an integrated unit. The LED bulb has to be replaced with the unit. We recommend an Authorized Mazda Dealer when the replacement is necessary.

Could always try and retro the chips on the inside. Chances are they are Osram chips. Most headlights are at least. Nooooot sure if they make any other colors though. But once you screw something up, you are out a light ;-P

Back