Knocking Noise when stopping

beb08

:
2016 Mazda CX - 5 Touring w/ Tech
Any one else experience a sort of knocking noise when applying the brakes? My Fiance said it sounds like the suspension maybe? I was going to give it about a week or so and see what happens. It doesn't always replicate itself, so I don't know if taking it in will do any good.

Last edited:
You must be talking about the brakes.

Without hearing the sound it's almost impossible to diagnose remotely unless except by luck. Narrow down the conditions under which it is most likely to occur, record the sound if possible and take it to the shop. Even if they don't hear the sound they may be able to find the cause.

Really? I thought he was talking about the breaks he takes in between long drives, with the sound occurring while the car is off.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Any one else experience a sort of knocking noise when applying the breaks? My Fiance said it sounds like the suspension maybe? I was going to give it about a week or so and see what happens. It doesn't always replicate itself, so I don't know if taking it in will do any good.
Lol don't like him catch a mistake. I had an occasional low speed clunk that turned out to be a bad shock absorber on the passenger front. That was after getting rear ended and going in the grass though. It could be the brake too. My brakes clunk when coming out of a car wash until they dry maybe you had pad issues..
tumblr_mch4q4gX9k1rrov60o1_500.gif

See last paragraph in post #10 here:http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123850466-Front-Tower-Strut-Brace

Maybe that's your answer!

Back