Nearly Returned my 2016 Titanium Flash CX-5 Today

MrM1

:
2016 CX-5
Glad I didn't. I purchased it yesterday. After looking at pics of the Titanium Flash and other colors ... I was about to purchase a Meteor Gray, but decided on the Titanium based on the Mazda USA web site (It looks really nice there). As I was signing the deal yesterday a 2015 Blue Reflex caught my eye - But my deal was done and the 2015 was more than I wanted to pay, plus it was missing the improvements of the 2016 models . Yet All the way home I was thinking, "Man I wish I had gotten that Blue one" On line it looked to powder blue, but on the lot it looked nice.

This morning I even found myself re-thinking the Meteor Gray. In the full sun the Titanium just was not doing it for me. It was looking kinda army green with a hit of brown undertones. I found myself back on the Mazda site looking at possible color options again ... I was about to call the dealer and see if we could work out some kind of swap .... but he had nothing else I really liked except maybe the Blue Reflex ... And the Titanium in my driveway .. Well it all depended on which way you looked at it. And that is what I noticed. The more you looked at it from different angles, the more different the color looked. It was like it would change colors in both different light and angles. As the sun went down .... it began to take on yet a different look. In the late afternoon sitting in the shade ... now it looked more like a warm dark gray and at dusk at one point it looked almost high gloss black.

Wow .. what a rich color !! The more I looked at it the more it impressed me. At first I was trying to get over my break up with my Maroon 2006 Murano . Still looked stunning even after so many years. This "Titanium Flash" stuff was a BIG change ... but it was growing on me. But as the day went forward today and I discovered it's true morphing ability ... Well ... I may actually like this color after all. And the Blue Reflex might have looked a little to Lady Like for my tastes.

I Did get a pretty good deal on the Sport 2.5. Had the back up cam package which meant it had the full infotainment system less the GPS. Looking at buying the SD card for that soon. Purchased Roof Racks and the rear lift gate aluminum bumper guard as well as the cargo mate and front hood "bug guard" just a few hours ago. So I will have it looking pretty much like a base Touring in a few weeks minus the Blind Spot mirrors and Power Seats.

So over all ... I may actually like this Titanium Flash CX-5 ... With the sport mode and 2.5 it is pretty fun to drive. Not the muscle of my v6 Mo ... but aint bad ... nope ... not bad at all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
A few shots of the 10 year old departed Murano. I would have kept it ... but back about 2 years ago it developed a bit of vibration at 75 mph. Dealership could not figure it out. Replaced about everything front end and axles. Kept getting worse. Motor mounts got broken ... replaced ... so I felt "Hey, if its the CVT ... man that will be pricy. Better move on." Dealer said it was not ... no way ... but I was ready. Still looked pretty good after 10 years but I did not want to wait.

After 10 Years !!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
... And the Titanium in my driveway .. Well it all depended on which way you looked at it. And that is what I noticed. The more you looked at it from different angles, the more different the color looked. It was like it would change colors in both different light and angles. As the sun went down .... it began to take on yet a different look. In the late afternoon sitting in the shade ... now it looked more like a warm dark gray and at dusk at one point it looked almost high gloss black.
Titanium Flash is a "unique" color to me and I'd not choose it as I'm too conservative and prefer lighter colors. It does "change colors" under different lightings. But you may grow into it as your CX-5 in the pictures looked actually much better than I thought. You definitely want a 2016 with all the new and better changes. Do you have a 2.0L with manual or 2.5L with automatic? Congrats!

... so I felt "Hey, if its the CVT ... man that will be pricy. Better move on."
You made a wise decision to get rid off the CVT equipped Nissan Murano. CVT not only feels disconnected, but also is unreliable, especially the earlier version.

I have the 2.5 2016. And I did drive a 2014 ... Wow What a difference in the sound level inside the cabin. They really dampened the road noise in the 2016s IMHO.

Great pics. I debated over that color as well when I bought mine. In the sun I couldn't quite tell what color it was exactly. In the end I went with white and I'm happy with my choice.

All the CX-5 colors, in their own way, are excellent. Titanium Flash is a particularly unique color which deserves vehicle owner pride and admiration.

Titanium Flash is quite unique and beautiful. Like you, I couldn't decide between titanium and blue reflex so I showed both to my 6 year old daughter and she chose blue.

I also traded in a Maroon Murano for a new CX-5, but it was a 2010. It was fine, but I got tired of the poor gas mileage and having to use premium gas. I went for the Blue Refex for my 2016 Mazda.

Well at least hey called it "Titanium Flash" and not simply "Titanium". Who would want this color at all without the sexy verbiage description at the end?

All sexy aside though ... In certain lights this Titanium Flash color still leaves me questioning do I like its dirty green/brown tones. But what else do you have to choose from? Silver looks almost white. Or meteor gray ... Both colors nice but both a dime a dozen. White? ... Wife said, "ummmmm no!" I suspect there are hidden motives there. Red? That color is truely for a different breed and ilk than this OP. Midnite blue is nice ... And I liked the blue reflex on the lot but it was a last years model for more money .... And the 2015s lack e sports switch, and did not recieve the improved noise damping or suspension. And again just for me the reflex may have been to feminine. So ... Here I am with a Titanium Flash .... Looks supper in full sun, after dark and in the late evenings .... But looks kinda odd when cloudy.

It does make u think!

I have the 2016 CX-5 Touring in Titanium Flash Mica. I think it's a very dark, rich brown. My VA registration states it is brown as well. I love the color, especially with the Sand colored interior.

In Full Sun it is a pleasant color:
attachment.php

attachment.php

And at Dusk .... WowZer !!!!
attachment.php

But then there is this ... that pics up that Camo / Military Fatigue Green ....
attachment.php

Last edited:
Wait...you had a 10-year old Nissan CVT that still worked? Buy a lotto ticket and get ALL the CX-5's, lol!
(lol) Man there is NO Love for the CVT on the Mazdas247 site now is there?

Actaully I REALLY liked the CVT ... just just did not trust it ... at ALL !! When the vibrations started ... I was certain it was the CVT ... Tires? Maybe, but it seemed torque specific. Nissan told me 3 times ... nope not the CVT ... but that was in the warranty ... even the warranty that Nissan extended voluntarily. Yea Neissan knew they had problems with those older CVTS ... They were reimbursing people who had paid out of pocket prior to the warranty extension ... BC they new it was a problem.

Well the OEM Roof Racks Arrive today ... Should add to the overall appeal as an SUV IMHO. :D

Installed some Body Jewelry this afternoon. I think it took all of 1.5 hours to install all of the parts. All OEM parts:

Roof Rack and Cross Bars (will probably take the cross bars of until I need them)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

album.php

Nose Protection:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Bumper Protection
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back