Hello. Need some Help

NoleFanHsv

:
2007 Mazda 3
Hi all.

My name is Jason and my gf and I are looking at a 2015 CX-5. We currently own a 2007 Mazda 3 and 2010 Mazda 6.

We've test driven the Touring and are thinking about moving up to the GT. We haven't test driven the GT yet but I was able to get more comfortable because of the 8 way driver seat. I guess the question is, how harsh are the 19's over the 17's? The 17s on the Touring are fine but I'd say at the limit of what I'd consider composed on our rough roads. How easy are the 19's to replace? Looking at tire rack, there doesn't seem to be much selection.

We've also considered waiting for the 2016's. Our dealer keeps saying August (Huntsville, AL), but everything I've read seems to indicate much sooner. Some of the interior tweaks are what interests us the most. Just looking for a bit of advice.

Hi all.

My name is Jason and my gf and I are looking at a 2015 CX-5. We currently own a 2007 Mazda 3 and 2010 Mazda 6.

We've test driven the Touring and are thinking about moving up to the GT. We haven't test driven the GT yet but I was able to get more comfortable because of the 8 way driver seat. I guess the question is, how harsh are the 19's over the 17's? The 17s on the Touring are fine but I'd say at the limit of what I'd consider composed on our rough roads. How easy are the 19's to replace? Looking at tire rack, there doesn't seem to be much selection.

We've also considered waiting for the 2016's. Our dealer keeps saying August (Huntsville, AL), but everything I've read seems to indicate much sooner. Some of the interior tweaks are what interests us the most. Just looking for a bit of advice.

obviously, your dealer is bs you with august delivery...he wants you to make the sale now

The stock tires on the 19s are much better than the 17s, look at the tire rack reviews on the stock 17s - just look at the reviews for the CX-5s. We use the satellite radio all the time and my wife likes to control her side for the temp. I don't think the 19s are harsh - we go ATL to Birmingham where my son lives a lot....

I didn't find the 19s harsh, but I didn't drive a touring that much. I think the seat is enough reason to go to the GT, I found the GT seats to be better than the touring.

Get the 2016, my radio blows chunks, and reviews are saying that the radio gets improved in 2016.

Go for the GT - there is only about a $1k difference between a loaded T and a GT and the extra features are worth it. If you really hate the wheels on the GT you can swap them out for some 17"s for not too much money after selling the 19's. I too have a 2010 6 and thought I would hate the 19's but they grow on you. They are a bit harsh but not so much that you don't want to drive. I don't care for the looks part, just comfort and handling. If you can wait, hold off for the 2016 and see if there is that much of a difference to you. If you don't care for the 2016's updates there will probably be awesome deals on the 2015's

Part of the issue of waiting is color. My other half who's buying wants red.

At least on the lot right now, the GTs are running 2500 more than the touring because they all have the tech package.

Go to the Mazda web site. There is a feature where you can check inventory and find all the Mazdas that meet your wants that are in stock and ready to deliver. From that page, you can request a quote from the dealers that have the car that you want. You can then do all your shopping and price comparison though the internet. You can even play one dealer against the other without leaving your home. You might have to drive some extra miles at the time of pick-up, but you can take it local for warranty service. Would you drive 30 miles extra for $1000.00? I did.

Part of the issue of waiting is color. My other half who's buying wants red.

At least on the lot right now, the GTs are running 2500 more than the touring because they all have the tech package.

Not to push you into spending more $$, but IMO the tech package is well worth it. The xenon headlights are fantastic. Also, I don't find the 19s to be that harsh. If you want a soft ride, you're looking at the wrong car anyway.
Maybe you can talk the GF out of getting Soul Red because it's the only color that costs extra $$?? =)

I never rode the 19s but IMHO the 17s have the right sidewall dimensions for this type of car. For example, light off road driving, driving with chains installed, feeling less road imperfections etc.
The OEM tires which come on the 17s are average, noisy at the end of their life. I already replaced mine. While there are many affordable options for the 17s, there are very few options for the 19s and at least some of them are expensive.

I have a 14 Touring. The ride isn't plush at all and I have 17s. Remember, Mazda is about the driving experience so they sacrifice ride quality for fun to drive factor. If you want a smooth ride, you'll have to look elsewhere. 19's will give you a better driving experience and inspire a little more confidence during spirited driving.

Back